PDA

View Full Version : I decided that:

lowell holmes
10-12-2016, 11:34 PM
I decided I needed a Veritas small plow plane, so I ordered it, it, and then played with it.:)

Then I decided I needed the bead cutting irons, I ordered and received them, but I noticed the box was larger
than I expected and heavy.

When I opened the box, I found the beading irons and a 500 page tool catalog. In the catalog I noticed that
there are names in it besides Lee Valley Veritas, what gives. I found chisels, all of the Lee Valley chisels, but also
Hirsch, Stanley, Sorby, Narex, Ramelson and so on.....

Then I found rasps, Japanese , italian, Grobet, Liogier, Ariou. . . . . .

There are many premium brands of tools besides Veritas and Lee valley.

So be prepared, Rob Lee has pulled another one. :)

peter Joseph
10-13-2016, 12:43 AM
I can't even imagine what their brick and mortar stores are like. :eek:

Jim Belair
10-13-2016, 7:16 AM
I can't even imagine what their brick and mortar stores are like. :eek:

I've been to 5 of them and they're great. Some though, like my current "local" store (about 3 hrs away), lean more heavily towards the gardening and gizmo's line with WW stuff a close second.

Frederick Skelly
10-13-2016, 7:54 AM
Hmmmm. Gotta call for that new catalog. Christmas is coming...

lowell holmes
10-13-2016, 9:11 AM
I was in Vancouver last summer. If I had known there was a store there I certainly would have visited it.:confused:

Gerry Grzadzinski
10-13-2016, 9:36 AM
I was in Vancouver last summer. If I had known there was a store there I certainly would have visited it.:confused:

It's probably an hour from downtown. I've driven by it, but couldn't stop.

lowell holmes
10-13-2016, 11:18 AM
We made a trip starting in Vancouver and ending in Fairbanks. We went by Denali on the way. I highly recommend the trip to anyone wanting to see that part of the world.

Brett Luna
10-13-2016, 12:55 PM
I have the Lee Valley catalog app on my iPad. The just need to open a store in Anchorage.

Mike Kees
10-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Finally,we actually have a store in Canada that you guys drool over. Not a gloat ,don't get me wrong. Usually it is the other way around for us folks North of the border. We don't have Woodcraft or half of the machinery options available in the U.S. So it is nice to know that I am fortunate to have a Lee Valley store in Calgary that I can get to in three hours. This is the only one I have ever seen (Lee Valley) .There is a lot of tools displayed ,you fill out a form and go to the counter and the staff retrieve the items from the back for you.The coolest part is if you ask they have a small shop for seminars etc and you can try out planes and other hand tools you are interested in. That catalog is pretty good reading and the beginning of a long slippery slope....

lowell holmes
12-20-2017, 11:26 AM
This string popped back up. I am back in my Home in Dickinson Texas after tropical storm Harvey chased us out. I woke up in my bed, realizing I was wet, I knew something was wrong.

Things are about back to normal. I walked my 1.37 mile walk this morning. It is good to be back to old, comfortable routines.

As I have posted before, I walk at least one mile each day, mostly early in the day.

Also, I am still looking for the plane irons for the small plow plane. I'm sure they are in one of the boxes in my office here.