PDA

View Full Version : Shop Picture Outside

Ron McNeil
02-18-2003, 12:24 PM
I've had my shop building for about 7 months now. I'm going to try and post a picture of the outside to see if I can. If it works I'll posting some of the inside soon. I hope this works.

Dr. Zack Jennings
02-18-2003, 12:40 PM
I like the ramp. Is that for your Harley?

Jerry Todd
02-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Don't think that ramp would support my 2002 FLHTC. Nice shop, how many square feet?

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
02-18-2003, 1:24 PM
Is it heated and how are you doing it?

Ron McNeil
02-18-2003, 4:48 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zack Jennings
I like the ramp. Is that for your Harley?

No the ramp is not for my Harley but it's part of a double ramp I use for my 2000 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (1602 CC's) motorcycle.

Ron McNeil
02-18-2003, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Todd
Don't think that ramp would support my 2002 FLHTC. Nice shop, how many square feet?

Thanks Jerry the shop has 336 Sq Ft. I have a 12X10 shed and I use that ramp along with another to put my Yamaha Road Star in it for the winter. The ramps are 2X12's and they will hold alot.

Ken Salisbury
02-18-2003, 5:00 PM
What is the white thingie on the roof ???

Ron McNeil
02-18-2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
Is it heated and how are you doing it?

Ron I purchased a Propane Gas heater from a place on the net called Contractors Depot I think they are doing business as HeaterShop.com. The Heater is a 25000 BTU model that has a knob on the regulater that has settings of Low, MED, and high. On low it operates at 15000 BTU's, Med 20000 BTU's and High at 25000 BTU. I made a removable shelf that I attached to the wall and I have a 20 gallon propane tank that I have been refilling about every 4 to 6 weeks. I also have a Mr. Buddy propane heater that I have attachede to a wall in the front. It operates on either a 20lb propane tank or the little throw aways that you use for a coleman stove. I usually buy about 8-10 of them. between the two it keeps the shop nice and toasty.

Ron McNeil
02-18-2003, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
What is the white thingie on the roof ???

Ken the thingie on the roof is a skylight. When the building was first built I wasn't sure when I would be getting it wired so I wanted to make sure I had as much natural light as possible. It's amazing but during the day I usually do not have to use the lights that much. At night sometimes I sit in the shop and see the stars ( and have a Bud Lite) of course and it's kinda cool.

Jerry Todd
02-18-2003, 5:56 PM
Well Ron I bet you have a lot of fun on the hills and twisty roads of Virgina on your Road Star. All we have in South Florida are straight flat roads. Have family in Winchester and can't wait to ride my scooter on those roads.
Be Safe
Jerry

Ron McNeil
02-18-2003, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Todd
Well Ron I bet you have a lot of fun on the hills and twisty roads of Virgina on your Road Star. All we have in South Florida are straight flat roads. Have family in Winchester and can't wait to ride my scooter on those roads.
Be Safe
Jerry

Jerry I ride a lot up around Winchester and it's a beautiful ride, but then I feel everytime I ride it's a beautiful ride. The hills and twisty roads are great, however, the LOML prefers the straight flat roads. Take care and ride safe.