PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

Dennis Peacock
10-03-2005, 9:51 AM
Well, another weekend has come and gone. It was a busy weekend for me. I'm still working on these cabinets for our church. Good thing I don't make cabinets for a living....I'd starve to death for sure!!!!!!

Sunday was church and bass guitar playing at church. I was way too "whooped" to get in the shop and work any more on the cabinets. Layed on the couch and watched the "tube" with the family Sunday night and it's back to work and working on the cabinets. I have to install them on Saturday of this week....so I gotta get a lot done this week.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Keith Christopher
10-03-2005, 9:54 AM
Was a beautiful weekend, I am just getting over a headcold so I didn't do much. I worked on a "freeform" spicerack I have had sitting a while, but not much else. Oh and I blew a fuse in my scroll saw. LOL.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/Woodworking/spice.jpg
dry fit of shelves on spicerack. (top "shelf" now fits perfectly :p ) It's made from my scrap stock so it will get a nice coat of paint as it's not much for looking at :).

Jeff Sudmeier
10-03-2005, 9:57 AM
I stayed in the camper friday night, in the driveway, YES IN THE DRIVEWAY!! :) I know, I am nutz (See other thread too).

Saturday we did some shopping and Sunday I made a small enhancement to one of the SUPER SECRET projects that the customer requested.

Jim O'Dell
10-03-2005, 9:58 AM
Worked Sat. until 1:00. LOML was at an agility trial until about 6:00. I did cut some trim and prime it for the main bathroom. Watched Baylor almost beat A&M. Sun. painted the trim, went and looked at some 2 week old Irish Setter pups, installed the trim and wathced the Cowboys do their usual thing. Tried to relax as much as possible. Jim.

Ed Lang
10-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Moved the equipment in the shop _again_. This is going to be the LAST time for quite a long time. I think I made room for the next machine that is due in on October 14th so I have two weeks to decide if I like this layout or not. I would have posted pictures of the shop but didn't think anyone would want to see them so didn't.

Now back at work resting up:)

Russell Svenningsen
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Built prototype for some maple boxes that I am planning on giving as gifts. Came out nicely, and I will posts some pics when they're done.

Also watched the Vikings get pounded by Atlanta. They are awful.

Oi,
Russell

Jim Becker
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
The theme for this weekend was continued preparation for winter and high gas prices so the only "fine woodworking" this weekend was creatively crafting a new attic hatch. It's a simple torsion box setup with the voids filled with jointer/planer shavings from the cyclone bin. Recycled 1/4" luan ply from a shipping container and strips of leftover 3/4" plywood made for the materials. It now seals solidly, unlike the previous hatch, reducing air infiltration, etc. The remainder of the weekend included installing clear acrylic panels on the insides of the antique windows that bring light into the 250 year old section of our home and sealing up the one remaining "old" bay window in the great room. (It will go away when we eventually build our addition). I also started working on a special web site for the girls which will go live once we complete our adoption as well as getting about a "thousand" paperback books boxed for donation so I can think about new library shelving in the loft. I don't watch or follow sports (or TV for that matter), but was glad to see the Eagles pulled it out, given that other Philadelphia team effectively ended their season.

Matt Meiser
10-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Worked on a major shop cleaning Friday night and Saturday morning. Spent a couple hours Saturday getting a replacement for one window Home Depot delivered damaged and trying to figure out a way for them to quickly get the screens they forgot to deliver. I also spent time cleaning my truck's interior and powerwashing our camper. Saturday night we went back to Home Depot to pick up a clearance door & sidelight unit I had seen earlier. Marked down from $900 something to $430. They had ordered it backwards for the original customer, but it was perfect for us other than being 3" narrower. I installed that Sunday, but still need to do some custom trim to hide the fact that its narrower.

David Duke
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Spent most of the weekend reclaiming my yard from the effects of Rita and was able to get everything in pretty good shape (we were blessed and only lost one tree but the entire yard was covered with broken limbs and tree tops and we had no house damage). Sunday afternoon was spent watching the Astros squeek into the playoffs and the Texans stinking it up again.

Bernie Weishapl
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Did some major shop cleaning Saturday and Sunday. Got my braces up on the wall and the wood stacked. Finished my flip top bench which I will post pictures tonight and hope to get the machines mounted on tonight also. Rearranged my shop in preparation of some new equipment due in by truck on Tuesday or Wednesday. Watched Dallas get beat and the Chargers whip the Patriots.

Bernie

Paul Canaris
10-03-2005, 1:32 PM
Finished my dust collection duct runs.

Cleaned workshop.

Finshed cutting board.
Finished laying bathroom tile; finally. Now all I need to do is grout next weekend.

Jim Hager
10-03-2005, 2:21 PM
I put out 43 raised panel doors and about 20 drawer fronts on Saturday. I cut the parts out for them last week so all I had to do was assemble and sand. Saturday afternoon I burned brush piles for a while then scooped up the ashes and put them in holes around the place.

Sunday morning I did my books on the shop to see how I'm doing and to pay the state sales taxes. I had the best quarter ever:rolleyes:

Sunday afternoon I built boxes for a kitchen that I've got going and did a lot of laying around resting.

Jim O'Dell
10-03-2005, 2:23 PM
Moved the equipment in the shop _again_. This is going to be the LAST time for quite a long time. I think I made room for the next machine that is due in on October 14th so I have two weeks to decide if I like this layout or not. I would have posted pictures of the shop but didn't think anyone would want to see them so didn't.

Now back at work resting up:)

What forum have you been reading?????? Of course we want to see pictures :D :D Jim.

Mike Vermeil
10-03-2005, 4:26 PM
I don't watch or follow sports (or TV for that matter), but was glad to see the Eagles pulled it out, given that other Philadelphia team effectively ended their season.

I do watch and follow sports, and I'm a big KC fan, and, and I better stop there.

Jim Fancher
10-03-2005, 5:01 PM
I built nothing and I spent money. I bought my first Festool, the ATF 55 E.

Go Astros!

Scott Coffelt
10-03-2005, 5:08 PM
Flag Football Game on Saturday for my son.

Got the top on my outfeed table replaced, vice moved and things back into storage on it. Still need to finish with touch up sanding and then a few coats of sealer, and build a side tool storage trough.

Watched Longest Yard (I liked original better) some funny parts, 3 out of 5 popcorn bags.

Relaxed.

John Buzzurro
10-03-2005, 6:06 PM
Ran a 240V line to the garage so I can have some heat there this winter; Worked on a router bit cabinet I'm making; Filled a 10-yard dumpster with junk I needed to get rid of; Watched my team, the NY Jets, embarass themselves :)

John Hart
10-03-2005, 6:17 PM
Finally got started on a Weaving Loom that I designed. Little bit of Turning and a little bit of General Woodworking. Hope to get it done this week.

Lee DeRaud
10-03-2005, 6:29 PM
I do watch and follow sports, and I'm a big KC fan, and, and I better stop there.Formerly a Ram and Eagle fan, or is the name just a coincidence? :cool:

John Miliunas
10-03-2005, 7:37 PM
Cut grass, odds 'n ends around the house, cleaned the trailer my buddy and I share, then gave it a nice, heavy coat of Thompson's (annual ritual). Sunday I spent the bulk of the day getting stuff organized and listed at that un-named auction place and, believe it or not, fired up the Vega!!! Started a small bowl of some wood I got from Donnie eons ago (forget what the heck it even is!). :rolleyes: Felt good seeing that thing go round 'n round again! Didn't even hurt too bad!:) Hope everyone has a great week!:) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
10-03-2005, 7:41 PM
Worked all day saturday finishing my miter sled. See the thread. Went to daughters soccer game and watched Nascar. My daughter scored 2 goals and got the lil hustler award for the game :)

Corey

John Shuk
10-03-2005, 7:58 PM
Oktoberfest Saturday and Apple picking Sunday. I ate enough Knockwurst and Bratwurst to really add to my turning muscle. I had a few large cups af beer in the interest of international relations as well. Everyone had fun me the boys and wifey. By the by my stomach is in recovery today from alot of beer sausages and apples.

Randy Moore
10-03-2005, 8:42 PM
I do watch and follow sports, and I'm a big KC fan, and, and I better stop there.

Mike,
Do you have a brother or Father or uncle here in KC.

Yeah I will say that aKC STUNK in the NFL sunday.

I spent all weekend doing things for the wife's aunt and her garage sale.

Randy

Earl Reid
10-03-2005, 9:12 PM
We had a busy weekend, Mowed lawn, Finished painting Garage, turned about 50 pens, prepared a lot of pen blanks and started cleaning some flower beds. :eek:
Earl

John Hart
10-03-2005, 9:22 PM
We had a busy weekend, Mowed lawn, Finished painting Garage, turned about 50 pens, prepared a lot of pen blanks and started cleaning some flower beds. :eek:
Earl

Oh sure...that explains Saturday morning...but what did you do the rest of the weekend?? :D Sheesh Earl...you're a maniac!!

Joe Mioux
10-03-2005, 9:29 PM
If its October, it must be wedding season. Contrary to most people's belief, June is not wedding month. It is October. Knocked out two weddings, two high school homecomings and two funerals. Attended one of the weddings.

For those who don't know, I sell flowers.

On Sunday, pulled off 12,000 square feet of shade cloth from the greenhouses. Came home and continued on my Oak pool cue rack.

Started cutting grass, but Nicholas, son number 2, wanted to cut so I relented and let him have all the fun:rolleyes: .

JOe

Christopher Stahl
10-03-2005, 9:36 PM
No shop time this weekend. I wrecked the Audi on friday evening and had to ship it on a flatbed 120 miles away for repairs. :( Luckily, nobody was hurt other than my pride.

I stained the deck on sunday. My back is going to be hurting a couple days from that.

chris

Tom Hamilton
10-03-2005, 9:43 PM
Short weekend as we returned Sat afternoon from a trip to Indiana to visit both our Mom's.

Sunday was church in the AM and a little shop time in the PM. Finished some plant stands for the back yard:

Just simple four sided boxes from 3/4 ply with biscuits and glue, but made my bride a happy girl.

Hope you all enjoy the new week, TJH

Andy London
10-04-2005, 7:00 AM
It was a shop corner reno this weekend, I am working towards installing a pellet wood stove I purchased back in the spring. I dred tearing things apart as it makes such a mess but the results are soooo much better.

This is a before and after shot, I still have to make holders for sandpaper etc, where you see the black protector is where the stove is going, this is my front right side of the shop......getting there :D

http://www.picframer.ca/images/s3.jpg

http://www.picframer.ca/DCP_2661.JPG

Stove will be installed later this week, our weather is staying very mild, in fact, for the first time in my life the Kids and I went swimming in the lake Sunday as it was so warm.......and again yesterday :eek:

Kelly C. Hanna
10-04-2005, 8:40 AM
Wow! That's an epic improvement Andy! I love the clamp wall!! About the protector...what's that made of?

PS...what kind of wood is that? Hickory?

Andy London
10-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Wow! That's an epic improvement Andy! I love the clamp wall!! About the protector...what's that made of?

Thanks, This is what I refer to as the main or old shop I built 16 years ago (24 X20) I have added onto it twice since and those areas look really sharp so I am slowly getting the main area done, just hard to do with so many client orders.

The wood is Pine (White) very cheap here as we have so much of it, about $.20 a foot for this V groove T & G.

The floor protector is a UL & ULC fire thing...that is about all I know. My pellet stove has 9 heat exchangers simply meaning the clearance to a combustible can be 2 "

Here is what I did at Christmas. I need to take some more updated photo's as there have been improvements since this time including a better orgnized set up.

http://www.picframer.ca/6s.jpg

http://www.picframer.ca/shopad1.jpg

Byron Trantham
10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Worked on cleaning up the shop from several back-to-back projects. I finished the bunk bed which is to be delivered this coming weekend. I'll post pics of the finished product in a day or two.

Mike Vermeil
10-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Lee & Randy,

I'll wait & see how the season pans out before answering those questions!

Mike

Rick de Roque
10-04-2005, 11:22 AM
This weekend I finished this TV cabinet for the computer room for the grandkids to play the video games. It is solid cherry finished with BLO, shelac then waterlox. Will rub out with 0000 steel wool next week after it cures.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rd4212/woodworking%20stuff/IMG_1987.jpg

Rick

Steve Clardy
10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Worked on a set of cabinets for a duplex all weekend trying to get them done so I could load up and deliver and install monday. Went over there early monday just to see if they were ready for me. They weren't. One part isn't even taped and mudded yet. So------ I'm am now making the doors for the cabinets.
I am tired anyway. Gives me a little time to rest and piddle with other stuff.

Tony Falotico
10-04-2005, 6:15 PM
My SIL took possession of his new store 10/01, hauled ten tables down Saturday afternoon ( 2.5 hr drive) and spent Sunday assembling and priming. No power, no AC, so it was HOT and slow. Visited his partner's store on Monday to look at checkout counter, he pointed out the MUST Haves and the DON'T Copies. Need to build his counter this week, plan on delivery next weekend and FINAL setup. Thinking two 40-45" cab's with a 10-12 ft counter. Still working out details. Product delivery early next week, and Grand Opening by 10/15.

Pic's will follow, my DC's bat's were dead and didn't take the time to get new ones.

DID get by Woodcraft to pick up 4 Bessey's :) :) Plan to get more next weekend!

Jim O'Dell
10-04-2005, 6:31 PM

I agree with Kelly, beautiful. But wear protective gloves when you reach for that first clamp after the fire has been glowing for a while!!!! OUCHHHHHHH! :D Jim.

Corey Hallagan
10-04-2005, 7:40 PM
Andy, your shop looks great with the T & G Pine. I love that look, and the clamp wall looks great as well. If I made a clamp wall I would only need a back of a door :(

Rick, beautiful finish on that cabinet!

Corey

Michael Pfau
10-04-2005, 7:44 PM
Well lets see..I have season tickets to our Montana Grizzly football games. My daughter joined me and we had a ball. On Sunday, went to church, and then came home and built a nice cutting board for my mother in law who has been staying with us, and will return home to Tucson this weekend. I used several woods, maple, mahogony, walnut, cherry and white oak. The one on the right is for her, and the one on the left is for my sister in law. I took the week off of work, got all my firewood up, and just working around the house. Tomorrow I will start on a 'purse tree' that I am making for my daughter out of hard maple and cherry. Around here is a very nice time to take a week off. Very cool, snow in the moutains, and lots of leaves, very pretty. Oh ya..I went out to the apple tree today, (had to run off the deer as they are all over my apple trees) and knocked down a bunch, and went in the kitchen and made a apple crisp!!

Corey Hallagan
10-04-2005, 8:36 PM
Michael, I love your neck of the woods. I used to get to Great Falls on occasion on business. Nice cutting boards!

Corey

Kelly C. Hanna
10-04-2005, 9:33 PM
Great cutting boards Michael!!

Andy, thanks for the explanation...nice looking stove!!