PDA

View Full Version : Concord shapers who makes them ?

Mike Kees
10-10-2016, 1:21 PM
I read somewhere they are rebranded so am trying to figure out the actual manufacturer. Thanks for any help.

Andrew J. Coholic
10-10-2016, 1:48 PM
Mike, I have a larger (approx 24") Concord branded band saw. Definitely European made IMO. I have also looked for leads on the manufacturer, no luck. These were sold pre internet I am sure, as Ive seen other pcs over the years. Im pretty sure (but not 100%) they were sold here in Ontario. I remember when I was a teenager in the 80's, several machinery suppliers my father dealt with, that closed up in the 90's. For some reason I thought one of them dealt this brand. Thats all I know. No other markings on my band saw, which I bought used here in Northern ON from a guy who was in business for several years as well.

Mike Kees
10-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Thanks Andrew. Seems like whoever this company was "Concord" may have only been on this side of the border. Mike.

Andrew J. Coholic
10-11-2016, 8:45 PM
I bet it has something to do with the fact Concord, ON is just North of Toronto, and has a large industrial presence. I remember going with my father as a teenager to many of the places we dealt with in the area. Prob one of the machinery dealers at the time just branded one of the lines they imported. At least that's what I think.. could be wrong.

You should post a photo of the shaper.

Peter Kelly
10-11-2016, 9:58 PM
If it's painted a medium green, am guessing it's an SCM L'invincibile T120 C.

I suspect Concord was similar to EMA in Quebec who either imported or owned Casadei Macchine.

John Lankers
10-12-2016, 12:06 AM
I can't explain it but 'House of Tools' (they closed their doors about 10 years ago) keeps popping up in my mind when I think about Concord Machinery ...