PDA

View Full Version : Jointer bushing problem.

Spencer Ofelt
10-08-2016, 7:27 PM
Hi everyone. I am newish to woodworking. I just bought my first jointer. A grizzly 6" parrelolgram. I noticed my boards had a bow to them when I jointed them. Well I tried following their instructions about correcting the tables so they would be co planer. No luck. Just got worse. Now I have a problem of i can't get the table to move at all when I tap one of the bushings. Either way. I have no idea what to do, this is so frustrating to spend all this money and time and to get absolutely nowhere. If anyone can help or give ideas I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks

David Helm
10-08-2016, 7:46 PM
Grizzly has a very good customer service department. I would call them and ask your question.

Danny Hamsley
10-08-2016, 7:50 PM
Yes. Call Grizzly. Their customer service is outstanding. Bow in the boards usually means that the knives are not set flush with the outfeed table.

Don Jarvie
10-08-2016, 9:28 PM
Loosen everything up and start again following the manual. Once your done get a flat piece of wood, i.e. Make sure it's flat bu putting it on one side of the bed. You want no wobbles. Mark the whole board with a pencil and run it through and see what's left of the pencil. It will show you what's going on.

Jebediah Eckert
10-08-2016, 9:55 PM
Grizzly has a pretty good parallelogram jointer set up video on YouTube.

Spencer Ofelt
10-09-2016, 1:06 AM
I have tried all of the above. The table bed doesn't adjust when i move the bushings around.

I think the best bet is going to be calling grizzly on Monday! Thanks for all the input everyone.