PDA

View Full Version : Here's one way to get the shingles to the roof

Keith July
10-02-2005, 6:07 PM
My friend Dave needed help reroofing his house. We have to tear off the old roof :eek: so we could not have the shingles delivered to the roof.:( By the way... for his house, garage and workshop it is going to take 60 square of shingles.( one square equals 100 square feet) As you can see from the pictures Dave came up with a pretty good way to get the shingle from the ground to the roof.:D His sling will hold a square and a half.
:) A side note my friend and fellow Creeker Steve Ash loaned us his roofing nailer. What a time saver. Thanks Steve:)
Thanks for looking
Keith

Karl Laustrup
10-02-2005, 6:22 PM
Hey Keith, any way you could make those pix a wee bit bigger. These old eyes ain't what they used to be. :( :o

Karl

Jim Young
10-02-2005, 8:33 PM
My eyes hurt from squinting

Byron Trantham
10-02-2005, 8:59 PM
Oh yea, you're right guys, there are three pictures! :D

Steve Ash
10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
:) A side note my friend and fellow Creeker Steve Ash loaned us his roofing nailer. What a time saver. Thanks Steve:)
Thanks for looking
Keith

Not a problem Keith...next time take both of them. I'm with Karl and Jim...I can't make out your sling device and my eyes aren't as old as theirs....:eek:

Keith July
10-03-2005, 7:37 AM
I used to much power on the picture shrinking machine...sorry
Keith

Steve Ash
10-03-2005, 7:56 AM
Ahhh, I see it now. A jib pole, I've used a similar contraption to set roof trusses when I couldn't get a crane. Mounted ours to Dad's farm tractor and loader. thanks for enlarging the pics Keith. (whisper.....what did OSHA think of your contraption?)

Jeff Sudmeier
10-03-2005, 8:15 AM
:) I am SURE that wasn't osha approved! :) Great thinking though.

We have used a hay bale elevator to the roof for shingles before, works slick!

Jim Becker
10-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Nice solution...and one not to try with any form of "lightweight" tractor!

Frank Pellow
10-03-2005, 11:49 AM
I like the way that mine were delivered to my roof.

This mechanism does remind me very much of the way we get bales of hay into the loft (also mentioned by Jeff) when I worked on a farm as a teenager.

Joseph Miller
10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Wow,
that sure beats all the bundles I've thrown up on my back and lugged up a ladder to a 2-1/2 story roof.

Lee DeRaud
10-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I used to much power on the picture shrinking machine...sorry
KeithIn the small pictures, it looked like you were using a catapult.:eek: