PDA

View Full Version : Is SCM a sponsor here?

Greg Dent
10-06-2016, 10:55 PM
I tried to email the U.S. side of the company and got nothing. I then emails the U.K. head office and still no response from them. I wanted to know about ordering some parts from them for my C35. It appears they are not interested in even saying sorry we can't.

Any ideas?

Brian Elfert
10-06-2016, 11:47 PM
Pick up an old fashioned telephone and call them? Email is not infallible, and unfortunately some companies put very little priority on returning emails in a timely fashion.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-07-2016, 9:02 AM
Greg, as recommended above, call SCM. You will get better response.

But, in the future, if you want to know which companies are sponsors, Just click on the Sponsors button in the light blue ribbon near the top of the page. Yes, they are a sponsor here and a former representative used be quite active. He has since moved on to a new career outside equipment sales.

Erik Loza
10-07-2016, 9:52 AM
Greg, the official parts portal for SCM Group in North America is the website partspronto.com. It is free to download manuals but you will need to register and create and account (also free, though it takes a few days for them to verify you) in order to price anything out or to check stock/order.

By the way, major structural parts probably will be unavailable for that machine, due to the age, but wearables (electrics/switches/belts/bearings/etc.) may still be available. Good luck,

Erik

Greg Dent
10-07-2016, 3:10 PM
Thank you guys much appreciated. I will look into signing up with them.

David Kumm
10-07-2016, 3:33 PM
If you call, ask for Carissa. She has found stuff for me that wasn't listed. Dave

Electricals, bearings, belts, etc are better sourced elsewhere. Only the proprietary parts need partspronto.

Greg Dent
10-07-2016, 8:58 PM
Ok thnaks. I need a sprocket and bearing for the idler arm on the chain drive. Having trouble with finding anything.