PDA

View Full Version : BIG GLOAT (With Pix)

Keith Burns
10-02-2005, 4:52 PM
I just returned home from a two day seminar/demonstration with Bob Rosand. Although I don't have a photo with him he was kind enough to sign the latest American Woodturner for me. This was my first time attending one of these with a professional turner and it was fantistic. He turned all of his signature pieces: tree topper, christmas ornements, goblet, birdhouse ornement, paperweight, etc. He had the goblet featured in American Woodturner and it looked better in person than in the magazine. He exhibited all of the qualities you want to see in someone. Anserered all of our questions, explained everything he did, was humble, and was a lot of fun. I learned so much my head is spinning. If you ever have a chance to see him, I highly recommend him.

Jim Becker
10-02-2005, 5:21 PM
Bob's a great turner and a nice guy. I've seen him demo a few times and always learned someting new each time.

John Hart
10-03-2005, 7:19 AM
Meeting someone like that would scare me to death. I'd find out that I'm using lousy technique, own the wrong tools, holding my mouth wrong....talk about humility!!! Glad you had a good time Keith!:)

Jeff Sudmeier
10-03-2005, 8:16 AM
Keith, glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Now we want to see how your work improves :) Might teach me I need to take a class or 12!