PDA

View Full Version : Festool PRO 5 LTD Limited Edition Question

Rich Riddle
10-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Like many, I ordered a Festool PRO 5 LTD Limited Edition for the $99 including the $50 voucher. Then I started to wonder about the "limited edition" part of the equation and am wondering if Festool has started delving into less expensive tools like some luxury car manufacturers now have "entry level" automobiles. It seems like an easy decision considering it's shipped free with a sustainer for an out-the-door cost of $50 delivered. But even the sustainer is a different color than typical. I know Makita has done this with some of their hand held tools. What do you think?

Greg R Bradley
10-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Festool has 30 day no questions asked return policy on all tools. The systainer is worth $50 used and the $50 certificate toward another tool make it hard not to be worth $99.

They are probably trying to get people to buy that never considered buying any Festool Tool. Many of those will realize they can be worth it. The limited edition part is they only have so many available. I understand they are almost gone so they probably should have priced them a bit higher.

Simon MacGowen
10-06-2016, 12:29 PM
I understand they are almost gone so they probably should have priced them a bit higher.

My local vendor says orders are coming in like snowflakes but it is nowhere like stock almost gone. Which vendor you dealt with?

Simon

Earl McLain
10-06-2016, 12:38 PM
For a limited time, order the Festool PRO 5 sander for only $99 and receive a $50 voucher toward your next Festool power tool purchase. The voucher will be included in the Systainer with your sander. Also, receive the PRO 5 sander in a special edition blue Systainer.

It reads to me that the Systainer is a "special edition", but I didn't read that applying to the sander itself.

earl

Ben Rivel
10-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Yea no one really knows whats "limited" and whats not about this deal. The blue Systainer might be, the tool itself might be, the voucher sounds like it is. I have called a couple resellers and they could not tell me for certain probably because Festool hasnt stated what they are doing here.

Mike Berrevoets
10-06-2016, 1:08 PM
I ordered one. I don't really need it as I have a ETS 150/3 and the RO-90 but the idea of a festool with a motor for less than $100 was too good to pass up. I think their plan is just to get some new people buying and using Festool. Then the voucher gets them to buy another power tool that is expensive.

My bet is that most vouchers will go unused, just like rebates.

Van Huskey
10-31-2016, 8:28 PM
Peter Parfitt just did a intro/review on th new ETS, DTS and RTS. Note the Pro 5 is the new ETS and at least in the US/Canadian limited edition does not come with the hose adaptor or the dust bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjdkkUADtBU

Mike Henderson
10-31-2016, 8:41 PM
No dust collection on a Festool Sander? That's really unusual. Maybe it's an extra cost add on at a couple of hundred dollars.:)

Mike

[This pix from the Woodcraft site shows a dust collection hose connection. I found the same picture on a Festool related site (http://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-201234-pro-5-ets-125-req-random-orbital-sander.html). The "Limited" mark is on the sander in the picture (PRO 5 LTD).]

Van Huskey
10-31-2016, 8:47 PM
No dust collection on a Festool Sander? That's really unusual. Maybe it's an extra cost add on at a couple of hundred dollars.:)

Mike

No, it has the normal dust collection but in the UK at least it ships with the new long life dust bag, dust bags have always been an accessory here for the sanders. The normal Festool hose fits the sander just like all the other sanders but in the UK it comes with a seperate adaptor, which is also an accessory here. In the UK it can be bought in a box or in s Systainer, here all the tools only come in Systainers. The new long life dust bag is $30 I think.

BTW in the UK the new ETS 125 is ~210 pounds so they are paying about 50-60 bucks more than the $195 price the old ETS 125 was here, the expectation is the price will remain the same after the promotion since the ETS and RTS prices stayed the same and they use the same updated more powerful motor and also included edge protectors which the old ones didn't have. So even when the promotion is over you are actually getting more for the same money.

Ben Rivel
10-31-2016, 8:52 PM
Anyone know the part number for that new hose connector?

Gary Muto
11-02-2016, 12:09 AM
I picked mine up today. It came with the hose adapter that fits the Festool Vac hose. It also comes with one piece of 120 grit paper and an edge protector so the edge of the disk doesn't hit any perpendicular surface.
I got an MFT/3 also (at 10% off) and they also let me use the $50 rebate. I basically paid for an MFT/3 and got the sander with a $15 credit.

Ben Rivel
11-02-2016, 12:24 AM
I picked mine up today. It came with the hose adapter that fits the Festool Vac hose. It also comes with one piece of 120 grit paper and an edge protector so the edge of the disk doesn't hit any perpendicular surface.
I got an MFT/3 also (at 10% off) and they also let me use the $50 rebate. I basically paid for an MFT/3 and got the sander with a $15 credit.
Huh it was supposed to come with:

Sample pack of Granat abrasives: (2) P80, (2) P120, (2) P150, (2) P180, (2) P220

(LINK (http://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-201234-pro-5-ets-125-req-random-orbital-sander.html)) See INCLUDES section.

Mike Henderson
11-02-2016, 12:59 PM

Any comments on the sander yet? Or have you not had a chance to use it yet?

Mike

Ben Rivel
11-02-2016, 1:10 PM
Found these images comparing the old ETS 125 with the new Pro 5 LTD: