PDA

View Full Version : Chicago woodworking show

Russ Massery
10-02-2005, 2:52 PM
Are there any fellow Creekers planing attending the woodworking show @ the odeum? Oct 14-16. Would anyone care to get together?

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-02-2005, 4:09 PM
Since I'm halfway between Chicago and Collinsville, I'm debating which one to go to. At this time the Peoria Area Woodworkers are looking at making a caravan to Collinsville. Probaably going there since it's the same show.

Bruce

David LaRue
10-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I may go, just have not yet decided. What day did you have in mind?

Russ Massery
10-03-2005, 8:25 PM
Most likely Saturday.

Doug Jones
10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Since I'm halfway between Chicago and Collinsville,
Bruce
Looks as if the Indy show is within range also. I'll be doing the Collinsville show as well. But Feb. is a long ways off still.

Steve Clardy
10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I hit the KC show every year. Have for 15 or so years. Also hit the Collinsville show last year. 3-4 weeks apart from the KC show. Most venders were the same, but there were vendors at Ill. that don't attend the KC one.
I'm going to try to hit both again this year. Course that depends on tool budget [ what budget?] and gas prices.

Mike Deschler
10-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Russ:

I'm planning on Friday afternoon for a few hours and then off to a seminar Friday night and all day Saturday. also want to make a stop at Berlands. since I've never been there before. Which is the better store, Lombard or the one on Rand Road?

Russ Massery
10-05-2005, 7:53 PM
Haven't been to either, I've been at the one in Joliet. They just about everything you could imagine Pricey though......:cool:

Neil Clemmons
10-06-2005, 1:09 AM
Mike

Berlands in Lombard is quite a bit closer to the Odeon where the WW show is being held. I'm going to guess 10-15 minutes versus 30 plus minute drive to Rand Road. It's also the larger and newer of the two stores. Check their hours because I believe they close at 2pm.

Neil