PDA

View Full Version : Name Badge Frames

Hal Welke
10-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Hi friends (I haven't met yet)
I hope this does not contravene any of the rules. I think I have checked them carefully enough.
I had a customer of mine send me the attached image with name badge frames asking if I could source them
as they would like them for their organization badges. I have made quite a search and can't find anything like it.
If anyone knows where I can purchase the frames, I would greatly appreciate the input.
Thanks345164

Mark Sipes
10-04-2016, 2:24 PM
I assume you asked the customer where the image came from. What Web site? Really would help in the search. Not one I have every run across.

Jeff Belany
10-04-2016, 4:09 PM
JDS has plastic frames to be used with laminated plastic. Check with their catalog for sizes/shapes.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

John Blazy
10-04-2016, 5:06 PM
Try Tim Quinn from Celtic Awards. He specializes in metal badges. Owns a rabbit laser too. usasportsmedals dot com.

Mark Sipes
10-04-2016, 6:48 PM
Did you folks even look at the attached photo he provided???

John Blazy
10-04-2016, 8:37 PM
Did you folks even look at the attached photo he provided???

Yes, that is why Tim could do the job. He forges and casts his own metal to custom shapes - been at his shop. But if he OP is looking for similar but not exact, there are options.

What do you mean by looking at the attached photo?

Mike Null
10-05-2016, 8:41 AM
Burlane has jeweled frames but not identical. http://www.bur-lane.com/jeweled-badge-frames

Hal Welke
10-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Hi all
Thanks for your contributions.
The pictures were sent to me by a customer here in Canada who for some reason doesn't want to reveal where he got them. I think it may be a name badge engraving company
somewhere in the U.S. South East. Only say that because of where the customer is.
I am sure the manufacturer of the frames does not just make them for one company, I hope.
I will continue on my quest and if successful will post it here so that others can benefit.
Thanks
Hal

Bill George
10-31-2016, 12:53 PM
So he is looking for a cheaper source and would rather you waste you time looking than his?

Bert Kemp
10-31-2016, 2:15 PM
took me all of 3 seconds to find them with a google search

Tony Lenkic
10-31-2016, 2:22 PM
Bert,

So, who is the manufacturer?........name please.

Hal Welke
11-01-2016, 11:18 AM
To Bill George - I can assure you I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a source for these frames. I posted on here as a last resort because I was having no luck in my searches. I used Google, I went through the entire Engravers Journal list of suppliers. I asked around. My intent was not to waste anyone else's time as you insinuate - but a call for help.

To Bert Kemp - I'm glad you claim you were able to find them in a 3 second Google search - I sure couldn't - maybe I used the wrong search parameters. I don't know.

to both of you - I thought this site was one where we could come for help from fellow engravers. Obviously you two don't believe that is the case. And I thought Marines were better than that.

Brian Leavitt
11-01-2016, 11:52 AM
To Bill George - I can assure you I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a source for these frames. I posted on here as a last resort because I was having no luck in my searches. I used Google, I went through the entire Engravers Journal list of suppliers. I asked around. My intent was not to waste anyone else's time as you insinuate - but a call for help.
I believe what Bill was saying was that your customer is wasting your time instead of looking his/herself, not that you were wasting our time. That's what I got out of it, anyways.

Bert Kemp
11-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Knock Marines and complain about answers great way to get help. See Brians reply.:D also see my signature

To Bert Kemp - I'm glad you claim you were able to find them in a 3 second Google search - I sure couldn't - maybe I used the wrong search parameters. I don't know.

to both of you - I thought this site was one where we could come for help from fellow engravers. Obviously you two don't believe that is the case. And I thought Marines were better than that.

Bill George
11-02-2016, 8:34 AM
I believe what Bill was saying was that your customer is wasting your time instead of looking his/herself, not that you were wasting our time. That's what I got out of it, anyways.

Correct. Need to read what I said. Your Customer was Wasting Your Time.

Glen Monaghan
11-02-2016, 1:04 PM
Knock Marines and complain about answers great way to get help. See Brians reply.:D also see my signature

But you _didn't_ help at all! You claim to have found an answer in 3 seconds, insinuated that the OP is a dolt, and you couldn't be bothered to share what you say you found... how is that helpful?

Bert Kemp
11-02-2016, 7:56 PM
I was pointing out the the OP client was wasting everyone's time when the client won't provide the answers of were the pics were from then wants him to do all the work. Also the OP could do a quick search and find the answers and on top of that a couple of websites were posted right after my post that gave the OP: what he needed. I answer real questions when I can and think I have the knowledge to answer someones question about engraving or designing or corel if I can help. I'm not here to search all over the internet looking for something they can do themselves. We are not search engines we are people that help with engraving or design problems and sure on occasion someone can't find a font we'll look for that. But I'm not going to go looking for everybody that can't find a wood plaque, or award trophys when all they have to do is google what they want and 99% of the time a 1000 hits pop up. So basically I did that search to see how hard it was to find and like I said I typed in what he was looking for and wham it come right up 3 seconds. So yea I guess I figured he could not have looked to hard and would rather ask others to do his work so he could make money. So I didn't post the answer just said it was easy to find if you look. OK Glenn

But you _didn't_ help at all! You claim to have found an answer in 3 seconds, insinuated that the OP is a dolt, and you couldn't be bothered to share what you say you found... how is that helpful?

Hal Welke
11-08-2016, 1:01 PM
My apologies for misreading the previous statements. I have taken your advice and told my customer either they come up with info or I am out of the pool.
Many thanks to the members who privately messaged me with advice on potential search parameters. They were a great help.
I still haven't found the manufacturer or distributor of the badge frames but will keep hunting and will post here when I finally find them. I am kind of a tenacious bugger that way.

On a totally different note: Please spend a few moments this November 11th to remember those who have served. As a former Forces member I will be laying a wreath at our local cenotaph.