PDA

View Full Version : Coreldraw

Kevin C. Johnson
10-03-2016, 9:30 AM
I'm trying to send a file to my universal laser from coreldraw. I've changed the cut lines to red hairline, that works. My problem is the black raster is very faint and barely is visible when done, what do I change? Coreldraw not my normal program I use.

Tony Lenkic
10-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Is it text or graphics that are faint marking?

For text you can change to bold style or add bit of outline to it. For polylines you can change lint weight.

Chris Achtschin
10-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Is your black fill is 100% black?

Mike Null
10-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Your fill should be RGB black.

Ross Moshinsky
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Even if it's CMYK black, it won't show up faint. It will just have some texture to the engraving. You likely aren't using enough power, the tube is shot, or you're not in focus.

Obviously you should make sure your document is in RGB (which it likely is if vector cutting is working) and make sure the black is full black.

Ian Stewart-Koster
10-05-2016, 6:27 AM
WHAT is the substrate?

The Universal instruction book has all sorts of different power settings for the wattage of the machine, and the substrate - as a starting point.
One set for engraving, and one set for cutting.

Did you try their settings?

And make the colourspace in Corel as RGB, with 8 or so shades of grey, and only the basic 7 colours: blue, red, cyan, green, magenta, etc.

Bill George
10-05-2016, 8:33 AM
I'm trying to send a file to my universal laser from coreldraw. I've changed the cut lines to red hairline, that works. My problem is the black raster is very faint and barely is visible when done, what do I change? Coreldraw not my normal program I use.

Do you have the latest and correct Print Driver for your ULS? If not it can be downloaded from ULS and there is also very nice guide or users manual with suggested material settings. The Coral Draw file sent must have the correct colors that will work with the Print Driver interface.