PDA

View Full Version : Minimax Forum???

Derek Arita
10-01-2016, 9:57 AM
Any Minimax owners out there...how on earth do I post a topic on that bleeping Yahoo site? I've been trying for years to figure it out, but for the life of me, I can't. Is there another MM forum out there?

Matthew Hills
10-01-2016, 10:04 AM
I do it from the web interface
Do you see purple button: "New Topic"? That is how you create a new post; otherwise look for the purple "Reply" button to reply to a thread you're reading.

Matt

Derek Arita
10-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Matt, no, I don't see New Topic on the page or Reply for that matter. Where are they?

Ron Kanter
10-01-2016, 2:14 PM
Derek,
Are you reading an email listing of forum postz or going to the forum site and reading on the Web?
The email listing doesn't allow a direct reply or post.
If you are registered in the group, but reading an email list, you can click on the "MiniMax Owners Group" line at the top right side of the page.
That will take you to the Yahoo forum. There you will see a purple, New Topic box that will let you post a new topic.

mark mcfarlane
10-01-2016, 3:04 PM
You also need to be a registered member and then log in to see the post button.

Derek Arita
10-01-2016, 5:07 PM
I really must be missing something cuz I am a registered member and I do go to the website. I see no New Topic or anything like that. I go to the Yahoo site and login. After that I go to the MM Owners Group.

mark mcfarlane
10-02-2016, 12:19 AM
I hope this helps

Derek Arita
10-02-2016, 9:16 AM
Ya, see...for some reason, I don't get that on my screen. Anyone know why? It's like I'm not logged in or something. Many have had issues posting on the site before. Has that changed? Have they fixed issues? Any reason why I'd not get that option?

Bob Cooper
10-02-2016, 9:33 AM
You way want to try another browser

mark mcfarlane
10-02-2016, 2:59 PM
Ya, see...for some reason, I don't get that on my screen. Anyone know why? It's like I'm not logged in or something. Many have had issues posting on the site before. Has that changed? Have they fixed issues? Any reason why I'd not get that option?

Derek, You need to be a member of that specific Yahoo group to post in it. It is not a general 'Yahoo logon' membership, you need to apply for and be accepted into the Minimax group. There is no special requirement to be a member other than applying.

Does the Minmax group show up in your list of 'Subscribed' Yahoo groups?

If Minimax shows up in your list of subscriptions, then do what Bob said, try another browser.

Joel Daros
10-03-2016, 2:21 PM
I don't understand why a big company like SCM not have a quality user discussion forum. Yahoo Groups? Come on, we are in 2016. I hate this 90' years mailing list discussion, these post/reply format is a really mess.

John TenEyck
10-03-2016, 9:38 PM
What Mark said. I just joined the MiniMax forum. You submit an application and, after it's approved, you will see the "New Topic" button.

John

Derek Arita
10-03-2016, 10:24 PM
From all I can tell, I'm a member. I have been using safari, so I tried Google Chrome...same thing. No way for me to post or reply.

Erik Loza
10-04-2016, 9:27 AM
Derek, why don't you just ask your question here? Pretty much everyone on the MMOG is here, as well.

FWIW, the Yahoo chat forum format is archaic and buggy, so that is no surprise. I don't administrate it any longer but "membership issues" (that I had no answer about how to fix) were not uncommon.

Erik

Derek Arita
10-04-2016, 9:37 AM
Thanks Erik. I was hoping you'd chime in. I do post questions here quite often, as I am a long time member and know the knowledge base here is vast. That said, as a Mini Max owner, it would be nice to address other owners directly. I'm so frustrated, but every once in a while I try and get frustrated all over again. I don't know what the problem is. I posted a question here about blade length of my MM16 and believe I got the right answer...145".

Erik Loza
10-04-2016, 9:41 AM
Thanks Erik. I was hoping you'd chime in. I do post questions here quite often, as I am a long time member and know the knowledge base here is vast. That said, as a Mini Max owner, it would be nice to address other owners directly. I'm so frustrated, but every once in a while I try and get frustrated all over again. I don't know what the problem is. I posted a question here about blade length of my MM16 and believe I got the right answer...145".

Just my opinion: You will get 10X the support of the MMOG, here on Sawmill Creek. ESPECIALLY with the MM16.

Erik

Derek Arita
10-04-2016, 9:57 AM
Thanks Erik. You're probably right on that. It's just become a thing of frustration for me, so I get more determined to figure it out.