PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust transition for chinese laser?

Tim Browne
10-01-2016, 6:44 AM
I've been looking for an adapter to put on the back of a k40 type machine so you can hook up a vent pipe directly. I've seen guys showing what they made with their 3D printers but I don't have one so that doesn't help. I've searched 3 different forums and googled the web and can't seem to find a source for this part. What have you guys done to get rid of the worthless exhaust fan and hook up an inline unit? My new laser is in a spare bedroom and I can't use it until I straighten out the exhaust venting.
Thanks.

Bill George
10-01-2016, 9:04 AM
Tim you will find few K40 people on here.

Scott Marquez
10-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Tim you will find few K40 people on here.
Tim, I think you will have better support at "rdworks dot com"
Scott

Doug Hoffman
10-01-2016, 10:39 AM
You will find several K40 groups on facebook. That is the best place for you to get help with your problem. Most k40 lasers do not use RDworks.

David Somers
10-01-2016, 2:40 PM
Tim,

Have you gone to a woodworking store that carries dust collection equipment? Very often they carry a variety of hose and adapter sizes, including step up and step down adapters, and also stair stepped adapters that can fit multiple hose sizes on one end.

You could also simply use duct tape or silver metal ducting tape to make the transition.

Put your blower as close to the outside vent as possible, if not actually outside of the house. That way you always have negative pressure on the hose inside the bedroom and less fumes will leak into the bedroom. You can't make it 100%. But you can reduce it a great deal. If the fan is outside you may want to enclose it and sound proof it if possible out of respect to the neighbors. Assuming that is an issue of course.

Bert Kemp
10-01-2016, 4:15 PM
try a 4 inch bilge exhaust fan

Doug Fisher
10-01-2016, 4:48 PM
It would be helpful if you told us the exact dimensions of the transitions you want to make so that someone might be able to make a specific suggestion. A lot of us are unfamiliar with the particulars of the k40.

Tim Browne
10-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. David's idea of adapting something from a dust collector may work, I think I found something I can fabricate.

Bert Kemp
10-02-2016, 1:06 PM
great news

Thanks for all the suggestions. David's idea of adapting something from a dust collector may work, I think I found something I can fabricate.