PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 100% to 0% in One Night of Sitting

Rich Riddle
09-30-2016, 11:27 AM
I could not get the iPhone to operate this morning for anything. It was at 100% last night with only the mail open, so it should have been charged. Low and behold, when placing it on the charger, it was at zero percent. I can't believe it drained from totally charged to zero in seven hours.

Mike Henderson
09-30-2016, 12:27 PM
I've left my iPhone overnight and it certainly did not drain the battery. You may have a battery problem.

Charge it up and see how long it lasts. That will tell the tale.

Mike

Brett Luna
09-30-2016, 2:06 PM
I don't know if you've already tried this but if you typically charge the phone before exhausting the battery completely, you may need to recalibrate the battery meter. Use your phone until it runs out of juice and shuts itself off. Charge it to 100% then give it an extra hour or two in the charger to make sure the battery has taken all the charge it can. (Rather than a full charge, 100% means it should provide the expected battery life so it may continue charging.) Reset the phone by holding down the sleep and home buttons until the Apple symbol appears. If this doesn't solve (or at least improve) your problem you may indeed have a wonky battery.

Mike Cutler
09-30-2016, 8:03 PM
Find out what is running in the background. If it's been normal and you've updated the iOS or any apps, some may be set to auto update, then you may have an app running in the background.
Every now and then mine turns on iTunes and starts playing through the library. It's not displayed on the front screen, and I don't know it's playing.
8 Hours of Doppler Radar running on the Weather App will kill the phone also. ;) ( Yep, I did it.:o)

Stan Calow
09-30-2016, 8:22 PM
turn the power all the way off and then re-start. Oh no, I sound like an IT guy.

something may be running that you can't turn off otherwise.

Peter Kelly
09-30-2016, 11:08 PM
Turn the phone on Airplane Mode for the night and check the results in the AM.

Michael Weber
10-01-2016, 7:18 AM
The only time my iPhone ever did that was when I was just on the edge of a wifi connection and it kept losing then retrying to make connection.

Jason Roehl
10-01-2016, 7:45 AM
Which iPhone? How old is the battery?

I have a 16-month-old iPhone 6, and just last night I set it on the night stand at 100% (had been charging in the car on a 75-minute trip home). Normally, I always charge it overnight. I forgot last night, and this morning, 8 hours later, it was at 95%.

Stewie Simpson
10-01-2016, 8:31 AM
I still don't own or use a mobile phone. Never saw the need to end it with a brain tumour.

Michael Weber
10-01-2016, 4:01 PM
I still don't own or use a mobile phone. Never saw the need to end it with a brain tumour.So what's your preferred method Stewie? :)

Rich Riddle
10-01-2016, 4:13 PM
So what's your preferred method Stewie? :)
I was thinking he preferred beating drums or smoke signals on clear days.

Erik Loza
10-01-2016, 4:53 PM
My wife had this happen a few weeks back but the phone behaved normally afterward. It seemed not to be related to any iOS update and has not happened since.

Erik