PDA

View Full Version : Wood-Working Warriors--Rob Cosman

Andy Nichols
09-29-2016, 8:08 PM
This is an outstanding offer to wounded, disabled vets:

In general Rob Cosman's an is offering free online membership to wounded vets that are disabled. More info can be found at robsworkshop.com ( also has an ad on the back cover of FWW Tool guide)

I'm a wounded warrior and this is by far much more than the Wounded Warrior Project has ever done....

Regards,
Andy

Mos_maiorum (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mos_maiorum)

Derek Cohen
09-29-2016, 11:25 PM
Good for Rob.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Mike Henderson
09-30-2016, 12:40 PM
I wonder what his criteria is. That is, does the person have to have a Purple Heart (meaning wounded in combat), or will someone disabled by Agent Orange in Vietnam qualify (for example) even though they were not awarded a Purple Heart.

One way to qualify people would be to ask for their VA ID which would specify if they had a service connected disability.

Mike

Andy Nichols
09-30-2016, 3:12 PM
I wonder what his criteria is. That is, does the person have to have a Purple Heart (meaning wounded in combat), or will someone disabled by Agent Orange in Vietnam qualify (for example) even though they were not awarded a Purple Heart.

One way to qualify people would be to ask for their VA ID would specify if they had a service connected disability.

Mike

Not sure, part of it is based on the disability preventing employment, but you may be able to research it more in dept on his website.

Filled out the application myself and it did not ask for much information, it took them about a day to approve my enrollment, so they have some source to validate the applicants level/type of disability.

Regards,
Andy

mos maiorum

Andy Nichols
09-30-2016, 3:18 PM
This was moved, I should have explained that the offer is for:

Hand Tool Instruction

mos maiorum

Mike Henderson
09-30-2016, 4:00 PM
Not sure, part of it is based on the disability preventing employment, but you may be able to research it more in dept on his website.

Filled out the application myself and it did not ask for much information, it took them about a day to approve my enrollment, so they have some source to validate the applicants level/type of disability.

Regards,
Andy

mos maiorum
I looked at the website. Didn't see anything about the criteria for qualifying. I don't see how he could have access to VA records to verify that someone was disabled - that's absolutely not public information.

Mike

Andy Nichols
09-30-2016, 9:42 PM
Mike:

Never said they use VA records, but validating someones disability is much different than having access to their records....

Rob does have an add on the back cover of FWW 2016 tools that explains the program more.

Regards,
Andy

mos maiorum

Mike Henderson
09-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Mike:

Never said they use VA records, but validating someones disability is much different than having access to their records....

Rob does have an add on the back cover of FWW 2016 tools that explains the program more.

Regards,
Andy

mos maiorum

Okay, for those of us who don't have that FWW issue, what is the criteria for "disabled" and how is it verified?

Mike

[Also, I think that's the 2017 tools FWW.]

Andy Nichols
09-30-2016, 10:20 PM
Mike:

As stated before, don't know, but it's simple to apply. Someone else passed the info to me, applying took no more time than signing up for a forum like this.....

I'm just a participant to what I think is a wonderful program and wanted to let others know about it (free hand tool woodworking classes).

Andy

PS -- I'm sure your right about 2017 too guide, have not seen it myself, just was told about it also

mos maiorum

Mike Henderson
09-30-2016, 10:56 PM
I sent an email to Rob asking specific questions about his offer and who can qualify for it. I'll let you know what he says - if he replies.

Mike

Here are the questions I asked:

What is the definition of “wounded, disabled veteran” and how do you verify it? Service connected disability is determined by the Veterans’ Administration. Anyone with a service connected disability will have a Health ID card from the VA and there will be the words “Service connected” under his/her picture.

Is your offer available to any veteran with a service connected disability, even if that veteran does not have a purple heart (which would indicate wounded in combat)? One veteran I know was injured handling artillery rounds in Vietnam and has a service connected disability from the VA – but he does not have a purple heart because his injury was not a combat injury.

Is your offer available to a veteran who did not serve during time of war but has a service connected disability as determined by the VA?

Kevin Hampshire
09-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Mike, "Wood Would Help Wounded Vets" video explains it all.

Short answer currently is 5 general questions and an optional 6th comment block.

Mike Henderson
09-30-2016, 11:49 PM
I got a reply from Rob:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Mike, if you are asking about my offer to give wounded Vets a lifetime membership to my online hand tool workshop, I will take them on their word. If they served and got injured then what I am giving them is a drop in the bucket. If you are asking about the all expense paid week long workshop in Niagara Falls, that is being provided for by a couple of benefactors so they need to submit a few paragraphs on "why chose me". We may contact them with more questions during the selection process. Cheers
Rob
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So it looks like anyone who fills out the form will get the lifetime membership to the online hand tool workshop.

Mike

[@Kevin - I watched the video but did not hear him address the qualifications for the lifetime membership. But maybe I missed it.]

Kevin Hampshire
10-01-2016, 12:19 AM
Mike, you are correct. He referenced the web address and to fill out the form towards the end of the video but didn't mention the requirements.