PDA

View Full Version : GPS Plotting

Jerry Bruette
09-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know of a free program where I can enter GPS coordinates and plot them in a map form, or onto a map.

I have GPS coordinates that I'd like to plot out to see where each one is in relation to each other.

daryl moses
09-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Google Earth................

Myk Rian
09-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Google Earth................

or Maps...

Jerry Bruette
09-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Wow, that was quick!

Didn't know I could do that in Google earth or maps.

daryl moses
09-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Wow, that was quick!

Didn't know I could do that in Google earth or maps.
I was on an Antelope hunt in Wyoming a couple of years ago, I had my hand held Garmin with me and marked my location. When I got home I plugged in the coordinates on my home computer via Google Earth and it gave me a birds eye view of my exact location. Pretty neat!!!!!

Jerry Bruette
09-29-2016, 10:43 AM
I was on an Antelope hunt in Wyoming a couple of years ago, I had my hand held Garmin with me and marked my location. When I got home I plugged in the coordinates on my home computer via Google Earth and it gave me a birds eye view of my exact location. Pretty neat!!!!!

This is sort of what I want to do. I have multiple deer stands on my property and I'd like to plot the relationship of the stands to each other and the property lines along with the distance between them and the property lines.

Gordon Eyre
09-29-2016, 11:23 AM
A program called Runkeeper will track you as you walk between your deer stands, plot it on a map and give you distances. I use Runkeeper to track my daily walks and it also shows me calories burned. It is a free program.

Myk Rian
09-29-2016, 11:26 AM
I use my cheapie Garmin the same way, except I made waypoints for the fishing holes I found.

daryl moses
09-29-2016, 11:32 AM
I use my cheapie Garmin the same way, except I made waypoints for the fishing holes I found.
Yep, I use mine for trout fishing as well. Handy little gadgets they are!!!

Jim Becker
09-29-2016, 2:36 PM
There are a lot of folks "out there" that use this kind of thing for playing at "geocache" games. For them, they are seeking the location to get information about the next step. For you, it's kinda the opposite...you know the locations and are just trying to map them. :)

Lee Schierer
09-29-2016, 4:55 PM
You can determine the distance between any two sets of latitude & longitude points with this calculator. (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gccalc.shtml) I don't know if google maps will tell you how far apart two points are.