PDA

View Full Version : Laser won't cut vertical lines in top-to-bottom direction

David Sharp02
09-28-2016, 9:57 PM
I'm putting my second-hand Epilog 24TT through its paces, and I've noticed something very strange. The laser does not seem to cut or fire when the laser is moving vertically from top to bottom. Moving from bottom to top, the laser fires and cuts just fine.

I first noticed something was up when I attempted to vector cut a circle. The cut was clockwise and left a little uncut tab exactly where the cut became vertical, however on the left side, it continue cutting even when the cut became vertical. The only difference between the left and the right side of the circle is that the direction of cut was top-to-bottom on the right, and bottom-to-top on the left.

I plan to call Epilog tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone had an idea what might be going on in the interim.

Edit: I just noticed, that when cutting a rectangle, when it gets to the side that doesn't cut, it does a rapid movement instead of cutting. It smells like some type of software problem, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks,
Dave

David Sharp02
09-30-2016, 1:47 AM
Can someone check this file and see if it cuts ok on their laser? I'm trying to isolate if this is a software issue or a problem with my hardware.

Thanks,
Dave

Bill George
09-30-2016, 8:31 AM
Can someone check this file and see if it cuts ok on their laser? I'm trying to isolate if this is a software issue or a problem with my hardware.

Thanks,
Dave

Your going to need to SAVE AS a older file format for me, and perhaps that is your issue with the machine.

David Sharp02
10-01-2016, 12:58 AM

Thanks,
Dave

I believe I have resolved this. I had to go into Corel's Print Preview application and uncheck the option "Send beziers and paths to driver".