PDA

View Full Version : Weird Lines across my artwork when I'm carving... Please help

Callum Angus
09-28-2016, 5:15 PM
Good morning or evening all depending where you are in the world.

I have been asked to make up some very nice boxes for a photographer friend of mine and he has had his designer send me through to .ai file so all I have to do was to lay it out and cut it... OR SO I THOUGHT...?!

For some reason when I am carving or etching the design (Picture below) I get a weird line going straight through the middle of the design and I cannot for the life of me work out why??

I'm using Autolaser and importing the design as a .dxf file that has been exported from Adobe Illustrator which I have done a million times before on other designs and it works perfectly..

Could somebody PLEASE tell me why this is happening, it is driving me up the wall.

Huge thanks in advance guys if anyone can help!

Joseph Shawa
09-28-2016, 6:10 PM
Does auto laser have file name restrictions like LaserCut ?
No longer than 8 characters and no special characters. ( ) ? $ . etc.
Sometime will import but have strange effects.

Bill George
09-28-2016, 6:40 PM
If those are the lines in the graphic design shown, your machine will do what it shows. Since its Chinese software my guess its not ready to take in the latest file formats. Have him Save As a older version.

Mark Sipes
09-28-2016, 7:58 PM
I have had the same problem importing files converted to DXF...... Go back to AI and look at the locations that have the lines and look for open or unconnected nodes........