PDA

View Full Version : A/c

Jerry Thompson
09-27-2016, 3:00 PM
It is so enjoyable in Florida without A/C. We have had to jump through hoops that I will not begin to tell. All is supposed to be approved by Friday. Installation is ?. The company would install it today if all of the paper work was done. It now seems the power company cannot find one I sent them.
The old one did it's job. It was installed in 1988 and has been iffy for a couple of months.
I looked at our 80 gallon hot water tank a few weeks ago and thought "You know that has been in there a long time." I was. Since 1984. It was the tank for the once through solar system. Long story short it was cheaper to put in a heat pump water heater that redo the solar.
We are not going to be around long enough to pay for any solar system or high SEAR air system.
We did put on a metal roof 5 years ago that has dead air space and radiant barrier between it and the membrane. That has helped a ton.
Big Lots has a special on Bubbs's Best "Evenin' Swamp" deodorant so I gotta go,

James Gunning
09-27-2016, 5:37 PM
I fully understand. Ours just quit today like the power had been cut to it. As I'm typing this the A/C repair guy showed up. The power was cut to the A/C unit. It was a plugged drain line. Turns out it has a high water switch that cuts power when the drain tray fills up. A quick shot of air and some hot water down the drain and good as new. Now I know how often the hard water deposits build up in the drain.