PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of eggs-- and shoes...

Kev Williams
09-26-2016, 5:29 PM
What are they doing to chickens these days?

The wife boiled me up some eggs about a week ago. I eat one or two a day. Yesterday I start peeling the shell and the membrane is brown. And the eggwhite is like snot. Gooey and squishy...What's up with that? This isn't the first time either. I remember eating Easter eggs on the 4th of July before, they USE to get hard and rubbery. Now they turn to goo in a week... Something's not right about that!

And shoes... I'm 62 years old, and just bought 3 pairs of shoes- Some Dr. Scholls 'theraputic' velcro tennies, some hiking-ish shoes I forget the name of, and the wife just picked me up some Sketchers running shoes (like I run)...

The problem? All of them are size 10. What's wrong with that is, for the past 6 years or so I've worn 9-1/2's. The 6 years before that I wore 9's. And 8-1/2's before that. I wore 8's when I was 21. My dad wore 9-1/2's back then and they were HUGE. The wife is now wearing 8's, she's always worn 7's...

Trying to boost our ego's, or what?
;)

Garth Almgren
09-26-2016, 5:55 PM
What are they doing to chickens these days?

The wife boiled me up some eggs about a week ago. I eat one or two a day. Yesterday I start peeling the shell and the membrane is brown. And the eggwhite is like snot. Gooey and squishy...What's up with that? This isn't the first time either. I remember eating Easter eggs on the 4th of July before, they USE to get hard and rubbery. Now they turn to goo in a week... Something's not right about that!

And shoes... I'm 62 years old, and just bought 3 pairs of shoes- Some Dr. Scholls 'theraputic' velcro tennies, some hiking-ish shoes I forget the name of, and the wife just picked me up some Sketchers running shoes (like I run)...

The problem? All of them are size 10. What's wrong with that is, for the past 6 years or so I've worn 9-1/2's. The 6 years before that I wore 9's. And 8-1/2's before that. I wore 8's when I was 21. My dad wore 9-1/2's back then and they were HUGE. The wife is now wearing 8's, she's always worn 7's...

Trying to boost our ego's, or what?
;)

You don't live near Hanford, do you? That could explain both the eggs and the growing feet. ;)

Bruce Page
09-26-2016, 5:55 PM
Maybe the goo from the eggs is making your feet spread out. :eek:

George Bokros
09-26-2016, 6:17 PM
I have also noticed that I now need size 12 shoes when I have worn 11's for 40 yrs.

william watts
09-26-2016, 6:31 PM
Yes George, same foe me. I went to buy new tennis shoes. Bought Nike's and size 12 is what fits. I've been size 11 since I was a teenager in the 60's.

Wayne Lomman
09-26-2016, 6:58 PM
According to what my doc said, it is TMB syndrome - too many birthdays! Apparently as you spend longer on your feet over your life, your feet spread a little. Either that or they are feeding us duck eggs on the sly... Cheers

Jim Becker
09-26-2016, 8:21 PM
My shoe size has increased slightly over the years...some of that, I believe, is that certain muscles relaxed, causing me to require greater width (but not "wide") shoes. That said, "shoe size" is a guideline and two different shoes, even from the same brand, may fit differently. The variability is especially evident in woman's shoes based on my experience with my daughters and Professor Dr. SWMBO.

Mayo Pardo
09-26-2016, 9:51 PM
Thumbs up for Skechers Relaxed Fit loafers - with the exception that they don't last very long if you walk your dog for 45 minutes every day.
They feel great and I don't have to bend over to tie them!

Jim Becker
09-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Thumbs up for Skechers Relaxed Fit loafers - with the exception that they don't last very long if you walk your dog for 45 minutes every day.
They feel great and I don't have to bend over to tie them!
Sketchers "relaxed fit" have become my standard footwear for while now.

Van Huskey
09-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Feet do grow longer and wider with age, the connective tissue loses its elasticity.

Chickens/eggs have simply gone the way of industrial farming. My wife buys eggs from a local farmer and I was surprised at what a real egg tastes and looks like, I had forgotten over the decades as they slowely morphed into the egg shaped objects they sell at the supermarkets these days, it is like heirloom vegetables they look similar but thats where it ends.