PDA

View Full Version : Experienced CAD operator needed.

John Miliunas
09-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm always bragging to the LOML about all the extremely skilled and talented folks who hang out at SMC, telling her a person can get answers to just about anything out here. :) Well, as it happens, her friend's hubby has designed some type of tool and is trying to get a *good* CAD drawing made of it for production purposes. He had somebody do one for him already, but the manufacturer told him it wasn't good enough.

So, I volunteered to see if I could come up with a good CAD operator here at SMC. I'm simply acting as the "middle man" here and only ask for a name and email address, which I will supply to the guy. He can take care of contacting you to discuss design and pay considerations.:)

If someone is interested in taking on this challenge, please email or PM me with info and I'll forward it on to the fellow. BTW, it's NOT some big, fancy, eloctro-mechanical contraption. Just a relatively simple hand tool. Thanks!:) :cool:

Michael Perata
10-01-2005, 4:39 AM
Why not go back to the manufacturer and have them create the drawing necessary for their specific tooling. Depending on the size of of run ($) they may be willing to include it in the price.

John Hart
10-01-2005, 7:23 AM
John, I've made quite a few drawings in the past for tooling and various other models for machine shops so I'd be willing to give it a try if they're unable to find a full-time CAD person. It takes me a little longer of course but I know what the manufacturer is probably looking for.

Bobby Hicks
10-03-2005, 11:58 AM
John,

CAD is what I do 8hrs a day.

I'd bee willing to consider doing it. Have him email me at
cadman64(at sign)gmail.com.

BTW, I can only get email from gmail at home so I won't be able to answer him until the evenings. You may want to PM me on SMC to let me know to check email ASAP.

Frank Chaffee
10-12-2005, 10:01 PM
John,
How about checking with Tim P? He and D.C. will most likely also be able to prototype it.
Frank

Mark Singer
10-12-2005, 10:04 PM
My uncle had a 57 cad.....beautiful!

John Miliunas
10-12-2005, 10:07 PM
John,
How about checking with Tim P? He and D.C. will most likely also be able to prototype it.
Frank

Frank, I forwarded the contact info which John first left and just found out the guy's done nothing with it!:o I'm NOT going to force him to go to MY friends for help! If he wants it, he now has the info on where to find it!:) :cool:

John Miliunas
10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
My uncle had a 57 cad.....beautiful!

LOL! You're too much, Mark!:D I once had a 70 Caddy and it was NOT beautiful! Big, ugly land yacht. Keeeeripes....The thing was so big it had its own zip code!:D :cool:

Lamar Horton
10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
John, if you need another CAD guy my step son maybe can help. His email is n8dgrt2003(at)hotmail.com.

Lamar

Lee DeRaud
10-13-2005, 1:31 AM
I'm always bragging to the LOML about all the extremely skilled and talented folks who hang out at SMC, telling her a person can get answers to just about anything out here. :) Well, as it happens, her friend's hubby has designed some type of tool and is trying to get a *good* CAD drawing made of it for production purposes. He had somebody do one for him already, but the manufacturer told him it wasn't good enough.Before anybody jumps into this with both feet, that "manufacturer told him it wasn't good enough" bit kinda sounds like the manufacturer is expecting ready-to-run CNC code, not just a dimensioned drawing.

John Miliunas
10-13-2005, 7:42 AM
Thanks for the additional tips and offers, guys! This place never fails to amaze me!!!:) I'm not exactly sure what he needs/wants. All I can do is pass the info to him and he can decide what, if anything, he wants to do with that information. Thanks again, guys!:) :cool: