PDA

View Full Version : Imcomplete Coreldraw X5 installation

Brian Stoneburg
09-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Wondering if anyone else had this problem. Using a 32-bit box running windows 7 professional to run a epilog 24ex legend. Upgraded the other boxes (one running W7pro/epilog mini & other XP/epilog helix) in shop without muss, but this one refuses to take. Runs through the complete installation but ends with message,

"Setup Incomplete

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Fatal error during installation. Chick Finish to quit setup"

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Mayo Pardo
09-26-2016, 9:29 PM
When I have had Corel install issues, it was sometimes related to what was being installed.
When the installation first opens you are presented with a choice for the default install where it installs everything including fonts and clip art and extras and additional programs. You can also do a custom install and only have it install select items.

I would try the custom or minimal install of just the program only and if that works, try adding in one extra thing each time until you have everything you need.

If I remember right, when I had issues where it looked like the install did not complete, I rebooted the computer and it actually had installed.

Robert Bonenfant
09-26-2016, 9:45 PM
If your still have trouble -
Completely remove Corel from your PC and Do a fresh install
You can also take a second hard drive and install it on the second (Using your good pc ) and then connect it to the pc thats have problems.

Ian Stewart-Koster
09-27-2016, 8:15 AM
Like you, I had the same message when installing X5. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. And got the same message again.

Like Mayo, after rebooting, I found it had actually installed properly - it just didn't know it had.

Brian Stoneburg
09-27-2016, 1:59 PM
Thanks for the prompt posts guys. I tried a minimal install on both the c drive and an external hard drive. Same message at it's finish. Reboot and no joy on a surprise install. I'm hesitant to uninstall the Coreldraw 11 currently using because it's just an upgrade. I'll have to root around and see if I can find the coreldraw9 that was the last full install.

Chris DeGerolamo
09-27-2016, 2:56 PM
Maybe use a program like CCleaner and/or Revo uninstaller to look for trash entries in the registry. Used be surprised at what gets left behind after an uninstall. Good luck.

Brian Stoneburg
09-27-2016, 4:16 PM
Yup, I'd do that but this box was sorta cobbled together by others to run both the Legend EX and deal with our server. I'm just a little leery of making TOO many changes to the registry