PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G1019 Bandsaw Troubles

Greg Stachura
09-24-2016, 7:43 PM
I am working with a new to me handsaw and have a couple issues. The major one is that the 93.5 inch blades are too large, because there is still some slack when I am at as high as I can go with the tension know. It is as if the wheels need to be a half inch farther apart than they are. The top wheel can't go any higher as it is hitting the top of housing, but I still have too much slack.
Any ideas?

Maurice Hood
09-25-2016, 7:44 AM
Greg, I don’t know if this will address your situation or not as I have the 1019-Z but my saw actually takes a 98 inch blade. I would do a bunch of on line searches and see if maybe something has been modified with your saw. I’ve only owned my saw a little over a year and did have a few issues when I first got it and went to replace the blade. I actually e-mailed Grizzly and a tech replied and gave me some good advice so you might try that as well. Sorry but that is about the best information I have to offer you. Hope it helps.

John TenEyck
09-25-2016, 10:46 AM
The Grizzly page for that saw (discontinued) says it uses a blade 91-1/2 - 93-1/2" long. Maybe 93-1/2" is just too long. I suggest measuring the blades to confirm they truly are only 93-1/2" long. Maybe they are just a little too long. Also, measure the distance from the top of the top wheel to the bottom of the bottom wheel. For a 93-1/2" blade going around 12" diameter wheels, that distance should be 55.8". If what you measure is less, and you can't move the upper wheel any higher, then a 93-1/2" blade is too long.

John