PDA

View Full Version : Job Control driver isn't responding!

Seann Fordham
09-21-2016, 9:02 PM
I have an urgent issue that's just popped up today, job control driver wont respond when printing through corel draw (or any program for that matter). I've reinstalled Job Control several times with no luck. Even opening the driver from the Devices and Printers folder i get a message saying the Windows Exploring has stopped responding.

I do have an older computer that's heaps slower, the driver opens fine on it, but have yet to test to see if it prints to this computers job control through the network.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Kev Williams
09-21-2016, 9:12 PM
If Windows Explorer crashes, nothing will work. I would assume then that the problem is with the computer, especially considering it works with the other computer--

Just curious: Are you by chance using Avast antivirus? I ask because mine started crashing System Restore on all of my XP computers. When SR crashes, the hard drive stops working...followed by everything else not working!

And about a year ago I was having bouts with Explorer crashing several times a day on a couple of my computers. Never did track down the problem but it eventually stopped-- Could very well have been when Avast upgraded again..

Seann Fordham
09-21-2016, 9:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback, but with a bit more digging I found out what the culprit was. Turns out it was the "Favorites" tab in the trotec driver that was causing the crash. It must have been the default tab that was opening when printing off a job, so I found a way to by pass the favorites tab in the Devices and Printers folder under the properties menu of the machine.

Has anyone else had issues with the Favorites tab in the driver? If not, does it get used regularly?

Mike Null
09-22-2016, 7:38 AM
In 10 years of using Job Control I have never used the tab.

Steve Morris
09-22-2016, 8:47 AM
Yep I use the favorites in the driver tab for different dpi etc so they are the same every time on any pc in use, never had an issue with it. JCX 10.4 (prev 10.3)