PDA

View Full Version : Good Tool Week (Gloat)

Dan Bussiere
06-16-2003, 9:34 AM
This past week has been real good for me in the tool area. SWMBO usually is hard to persuade on major tool items. But in the last week, I bought a new Delta 14 in bandsaw, floor mounted 6 inch jointer, and last night SHE said that I really needed that dust collector system. So of course, being the obediant husband I am, I took it home. Trouble is, she must want something! I cringe every time she starts to talk, thinking this is it. Pray for me guys, there's big bucks in HER future purchases somewhere!
Dan

Glenn Clabo
06-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Dan Bussiere
Trouble is, she must want something! I cringe every time she starts to talk, thinking this is it. Pray for me guys, there's big bucks in HER future purchases somewhere!
Dan

Oh come on Dan...doesn't really matter does it? You got what you wanted...now it's her turn. Just remember to smile when she asks for the BIG piece of jewelry ...or new couch... or car... or cruise... are you feeling a little queasy yet?

Mike Schwing
06-16-2003, 1:17 PM
Boy, good thing you didn't post that on the site I stopped patronizing before I was turned onto this one, you'd have been jumped all over for bragging. Lots of sour grapes existed over there.

Here it seems as if everyone shares your joy over your new tools. Good for you!

Dan Bussiere
06-16-2003, 2:10 PM
Mike,
This forum is about the members and the joy of woodworking. Sharing, whether it is a gloat (spelled bragging) or a new finished project, and yes even sorrow is something we do with pride. We support each other here and the Administraters are all part of the fun not the restriction of it. They keep it clean, not cramped.

Glen,
Thanks alot! You think she wants a Cruise! Now I really need an Alka Seltzer......

Dan

Rob Russell
06-16-2003, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Dan Bussiere
Trouble is, she must want something! I cringe every time she starts to talk, thinking this is it. Pray for me guys, there's big bucks in HER future purchases somewhere!

Dan,

The going rate is about a carat per 500 lbs. :D

Congrats on the new machinery.

Rob

Stan Thigpen
06-17-2003, 8:36 AM
Dan, maybe all she is expecting is a nice resawn burl maple jewlery box made by your own little hands!!:D