PDA

View Full Version : Plastic/rubber stuff for dipping tool handles

Royce Meritt
09-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone! What's the name of that product that you can buy to dip tool handle that provides the rubberized grip?

I know you can buy small quantities for dipping the handles of tools etc. I also know that you can buy it in larger quantities and paint it on larger surfaces. Thanks.

Don Baer
09-30-2005, 11:29 AM
The can I am looking at says "Plasti Dip" and its made by "Performix"

web site . www.plastidip.com (http://www.plastidip.com)

David Wilson
09-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Royce
I believe it is called Tool DIP

Tyler Howell
09-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Now What's Royce up to:confused:
Something cool I'm sure:cool:

Lee DeRaud
09-30-2005, 11:57 AM
The orange borg carries it in the paint department with the glues.

(Mini-rant: I love my Borg, I really do. But why, oh why, in every borg of every color I've ever been in, is the wood glue stocked in the paint department all the way at the opposite end of the freakin' store from the wood?!? :mad: )

Royce Meritt
09-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Now What's Royce up to:confused:
Something cool I'm sure:cool:

Making a portable steel "rack" for a school in my area to hold their marching percussion instruments. Need a way to "pad" the steel that will come in contact with the drums.

Erik Stol
09-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Hello Royce,

During my vacation on Whidbey Island I visited the parents of a friend of mine. His father showed me the stuff, called Plasti Dip, amazing stuff. I had no time to buy so he brought it along last week when he visited The Netherlands. You can buy at Ace Harware.

Erik Stol
The Netherlands

Royce Meritt
09-30-2005, 1:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I knew you would get me headed in the right direction. After a bit of searching I discovered McMaster-Carr has several different varieties. Found just what I was looking for.

By the way, if you have never ordered from McMaster-Carr, give them a try. No matter what "off the wall" do-dad I'm looking for I can usually find it there and their turn around time is AMAZING! Shipping costs are a little high but SUPER FAST!

Thanks again! :)