PDA

View Full Version : Cody Colston

Leo Voisine
09-18-2016, 7:29 AM
From another forum that I am a member of this post came up:

Cody
Hey guys. I hate to have to be the bearer of bad news here, but Karen, Cody's wife, called me a few minutes ago and told me that Cody passed away in his sleep last night. She found him this morning when she went to wake him up. I know what Cody means to everyone here, including me, and I know this is a hard one to take. Any of you guys who are members of other forums Cody frequents, please share the news. Also, if you have any words for Karen, I will pass them on.

Take care guys.

Mark

Frederick Skelly
09-18-2016, 7:49 AM
Oh no. He was a really nice, friendly guy. He was always helpful.
My condolences to his wife and family.

Prashun Patel
09-18-2016, 7:59 AM
I will miss his friendly and helpful interactions here. He had a nice way of expressing expertise and even correcting me, without making anyone feel diminished. Sad.

Jim Becker
09-18-2016, 10:00 AM
Very sad to hear. RIP.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-18-2016, 10:41 AM
I am sorry to hear that! I met Cody at a cookout at my son's home in Houston a few years ago. We found out we both had the oil field in our lives. He was a very nice guy. RIP!

Rich Riddle
09-18-2016, 10:55 AM
It's terrible news. He will be missed.

Steve Schlumpf
09-18-2016, 10:59 AM
I am saddened by this news - totally unexpected. Thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. He will be missed.

Stewie Simpson
09-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Condolences to family and friends.

Keith Outten
09-18-2016, 12:03 PM
It's always sad to lose a Member of our Community. Cody will surely be missed here but his contributions to SawMill Creek will always be here for everyone to enjoy as long as The Creek flows.

"Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!"

Mel Fulks
09-18-2016, 12:33 PM
There was a cheerful friendliness in all of his posts that I always associate with good health. Shocked that he's gone,and will miss him.

Bruce Page
09-18-2016, 1:37 PM
Very sad news. Cody was always a class act.
RIP

paul cottingham
09-18-2016, 1:41 PM
Sad news indeed. He will be missed.

Tom Hogard
09-18-2016, 6:23 PM
Very sad news. I always looked forward to his perspective, he'll be missed.

Pat Barry
09-18-2016, 7:40 PM
This is very sad news. He just posted a beautiful jewelry cabinet that he recently completed for his daughter. If you haven't seen it you should take a peek in the Projects forum. Best wishes for his family.

Lori Kleinberg
09-19-2016, 12:08 AM
Sorry to hear. Condolences to the family.

Van Huskey
09-19-2016, 6:23 AM
RIP

While I have taken a long hiatus from posting I still have a mental image of most of the regular posters. I tend to see people on forums I haven't had the pleasure of meeting as rather one dimensional based around the timbre of their posts. With Cody the thing that stuck was when he would make the post, seemingly out of a little frustration, that we often spent too much time discussing what tool to buy next and not enough talking about skills and/or just doing the hobby we love. I have to admit this often caused me to have that uneasy feeling one gets when confronted with truth. Cody was actually a catalyst for my hiatus from the forum (a good thing) he reminded me, to my chagrin, the art of this hobby that was actually important to me. I don't like to be reminded I am wrong but in this case I was and have been spending far more on wood (and using it) in the past 18 months and it is in great part to Cody's posts. I wish his family and friends peace and while deeply saddened for their and our lose I do owe him a debt of gratitude.

Todd Burch
09-20-2016, 11:30 AM
I just saw this.

Cody was such a great friend here on Saw Mill Creek. There were many occasions that I had wished I had driven up to meet him and check out his operation. I will truly miss him here on the forum.

Jay Jolliffe
09-20-2016, 3:57 PM
Sorry to read this. He will be missed....I liked reading his posts...

Malcolm McLeod
09-20-2016, 8:39 PM
Cody certainly brought a sense of reasonableness with him in his posts. This made it easy to connect with him even at a distance. Being a fellow Texan just made it easier. He will be missed.

Ironically, I have a project rattling around in my head that would need a good slab of Texas wood, and I had just formulated the idea to PM him to see what might be lurking in his sale pile (or if he even had such). I reminded myself of this when I drove by just north of him on I-30 this Sunday. Much to my regret, this thread greeted me Monday morning.

Erik Loza
09-21-2016, 8:29 AM
Condolences to Cody's family and friends. Did not really know him but it is sad to hear about a losing a member of this community. My wife tells me that she loves me all the time. One of her best friends was killed on his motorcycle about ten years ago. She talked to him one moment, then he was gone. She says that you never know, so make life count.

Erik