PDA

View Full Version : piercing tool repair

tony tomlinson
09-17-2016, 5:47 PM
Some years ago I bought a POWERCRAFTER air turbine tool for thin wall piercing. One week after the purchase I called the company with some technical questions only to learn that they had closed down operations and left no contact info.
I haven't used the tool that much but it ceased operating today and I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a company servicing these types of tools.I have an uneasy feeling that this is going to be $300.00 "out the window" but thought I'd check here for info prior to listening to my wife telling me to stay with brand name companies.
I'd appreciate any thoughts thankyou.

Tony Tomlinson

Marvin Hasenak
09-17-2016, 6:04 PM
You might check with your Dentist, the air turbine tools are usually converted Dental tools. If the problem is in the handset, you might look on eBay to see if you can find one that has the same air line configuration as yours and just buy a new handle.

Another thought would be to go the Woodcarving Illustrated forum and ask there, for some reason I seem to remember a place in Arizona that somebody mentioned repairing the Dental turbines.

Glen Blanchard
09-17-2016, 7:57 PM
Call Archer Dental (http://www.archerdental.com/) and see if they can be of help. They are a big dental handpiece repair outlet.

Jim McLain
09-18-2016, 5:39 AM
Larry and Debbie at Sculpting Studio sell replacement turbines for the Powercrafter. They are currently out of stock but should have some in about a month. They are fairly easy to replace.

John C Bush
09-19-2016, 7:44 PM
The Powercrafter handpiece in their video looks just like turbine handpieces used in dental labs for sculpting porcelain crown anatomy. Call a dental lab and see who repairs their equipment, or likely they do their own repairs. Archer Dental is a good source as well. I'm sure it can be easily fixed. Good luck.