PDA

View Full Version : Football/ baseball rotary engrave accessory?

Jared nemec
09-16-2016, 7:33 PM
Im looking for a way to engrave footballs and baseballs and I come upon the picture below, anyone know what it is and where to get one?344237

Keith Downing
09-16-2016, 7:39 PM
Im looking for a way to engrave footballs and baseballs and I come upon the picture below, anyone know what it is and where to get one?344237

I don't know of any rotary specifically made just for that purpose, but a rotary is just a motor and controller. You should be able to build mounts to go in any chuck rotary that would hold a football or baseball.

Mark Sipes
09-16-2016, 7:44 PM
What make of laser engraver do you have??

Jared nemec
09-16-2016, 7:49 PM
bosslaser 2436 i guess its and upgraded chinese laser

Kev Williams
09-16-2016, 8:46 PM
This is my LS900 rotary, Gravograph did good on this one :)
Lots of soft but rigid rubber accessory-holders, and there are different chuck jaws for it.
It'll take up to 10" diameter and 18" long...

Note on the back of the chuck housing is another dovetail guide. I could run the chuck vertically if I wanted to!
Although getting something to engrave right might be a trick! This is the same rotary the Gravograph
IS CNC machines use, which is the main reason for the vertical option...

But alas, nothing is perfect- due to the gearing used, no vector engraving with this unit.
But I've never once needed to vector anything I've engraved with it, so I haven't missed that option.

I'm sure Gravograph would sell anyone the rubber holders, but be prepared for sticker shock!
Other suppliers might have such parts too...

Klaus Madsen
09-17-2016, 7:53 AM
Ha ha what is a Sticker Shock??? :)