PDA

View Full Version : Man Listed Wife for Sale on eBay.....

Rich Riddle
09-15-2016, 3:14 PM
A man in the UK tried to get away from his whining wife by putting her up for sale on eBay.
The Metro reported (http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/12/woman-fuming-after-she-discovers-husband-has-listed-her-on-ebay-6123411/) 33-year-old Simon O’Kane of Wakefield, Yorkshire tried to sell his 27-year-old wife Leandra—listing her under the "Vehicle Parts & Accessories" section, no less. The listing read "Used Wife." Given that this was the car section, Simon let the automotive comparisons run, describing Leandra as having "some good miles left in her" and "[n]ot a bad model for the year," among other pros and cons. As if the listing wasn't enough to get him in trouble at home, Simon wrote he "may consider a part exchange for a younger model."

"I was absolutely fuming—I wanted to kill him," Leandra told the Metro. "Everyone at work saw it and were laughing their heads off. Not only did he put me up for sale but he used such a bad photo." Apparently Simon came up with the idea after Leandra was "whining" at him when he complained about feeling sick one day. "I thought 'Right, I'm going to put you up for sale,'" Simon said. In her defense, Leandra said Simon's a hypochondriac, adding her husband was well enough to go the gym that day, and was therefore undeserving of sympathy.
Bidding for Simon's bride reached £65,000 before the listing was taken down. The couple explained that while they did get some "pervy" messages, most of them were humorous. Simon and Leandra noted that they were particularly amused by an offer from a guy who wanted to trade for a camel.

Rich Riddle
09-15-2016, 3:17 PM
If he calls 27 years old used, I wonder what some of us qualify as? It makes me wonder if our wives could even get an opening bid on us. Here is the picture she hated in the posting:

Apparently, it's against the rules of eBay to sell your spouse....lucky me.

Jerome Stanek
09-15-2016, 3:43 PM
he just listed it in the wrong section

Rod Sheridan
09-15-2016, 4:04 PM
If he calls 27 years old used, I wonder what some of us qualify as? It makes me wonder if our wives could even get an opening bid on us. Here is the picture she hated in the posting:

Apparently, it's against the rules of eBay to sell your spouse....lucky me.

Diann normally just puts my add in with a "Free to a good home" banner in the pets section...........Rod.

Bradley Gray
09-15-2016, 4:11 PM
If my wife listed me it would be in the "antique" section...

paul cottingham
09-15-2016, 4:14 PM
My wife would list me under farm animals.

Rich Riddle
09-15-2016, 4:28 PM
Diann normally just puts my add in with a "Free to a good home" banner in the pets section...........Rod.At least she stipulates a "good" home.

Greg R Bradley
09-15-2016, 4:31 PM
Free to a good home, will pay if you have a really bad home. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-15-2016, 5:28 PM
I'm surprised the guy's wife let him live after this. Mine wouldn't!

Kevin Womer
09-15-2016, 6:54 PM
Hilarious, but the knife cuts both ways.

Michael Dye
09-15-2016, 7:27 PM
You guys are lucky. My wifey would list me under "Machinery and tools" with the stipulation that everything goes as a package deal, including me. Would make more room for the 47 sets of china that she has collected over the past 20 years. Oh, and my mother-in-law would have her own spot in the garage for her car.

Art Mann
09-15-2016, 7:47 PM
Did they list a price? Will they deliver?

Julie Moriarty
09-15-2016, 8:06 PM
Another guy took it further. I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my eyes! He fake robbed a bank (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/09/08/man-chooses-jail-over-wife-robs-bank-sits-in-lobby-until-arrested-fbi-says/) to get away from his wife.

Federal authorities say Larry Ripple chose a life behind bars over another minute at home with the wife. On Friday afternoon, according to a complaint filed in federal court, Ripple, 70, walked into the Bank of Labor in downtown Kansas City, Kan., handed over a note to a teller which said, “I have a gun, give me your cash,” and was given $2,924 in currency from the drawer.

The robber then took a seat in the lobby and began chatting with the bank security guard, the complaint by Special Agent Eric R. Beltz states. All of this was captured on surveillance video. “I’m the guy you’re looking for,” Ripple allegedly told the guard.

Rich Riddle
09-15-2016, 8:31 PM
Did they list a price? Will they deliver?They bid her up to 65,000 British Pounds before eBay shut down the auction. In today's money, that is a bit over $86,000. One man also offered a camel. That's priceless.

Don Morris
09-15-2016, 8:48 PM
I heard once a guy said he got a dog for his wife. Someone replied: "Nice Trade".

ken masoumi
09-15-2016, 9:15 PM
If he calls 27 years old used, I wonder what some of us qualify as? I:

For parts only.well, at least in my case.

Michael Weber
09-16-2016, 11:54 AM
For parts only.well, at least in my case.
Parts sold "as is". Some parts not available or known to be bad.