PDA

View Full Version : 3M paint preparation system

Curt Harms
09-29-2005, 8:56 PM
I came across this gadget tonight. Kinda expensive, but it seems like it could be handy. It seems like a means to store partially used finishes temporarily and use gravity feed guns in any position. The kits come with quite a few cups; perhaps 2 or more people could split an order.
http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aero/marine/solutions/pps/index.jhtml

Curt

Charlie Kocourek
09-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Although I have not used this, I have seen the 3m system and it looks just as good in person as it does on the web. It allows gravity guns to shoot at any angle and it is much cleaner too.

JayStPeter
09-30-2005, 4:16 PM
I specifically bought a gravity gun because it's supposedly easier to clean. I have a bunch of contraptions I've bought over the years to help paint the walls in my house easier. They usually sit collecting dust while I use a regular old roller and brush because they are so difficult to clean. If I find the same situation happening with my new HVLP gun, I might have to invest in this solution. It is a little bit of money, but not super expensive.

Jay

Don Baer
09-30-2005, 5:27 PM
I've put of buying a gravity feed gun because I didn't like the idea of not being able to turn it over when sraying. Now I may have to rethink things. That system looks like it would also simplyfy clean up....hmmm:rolleyes: