PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight 23 gage pinner?

Bart Leetch
09-29-2005, 7:44 PM
I've read pretty fair reports on this pinner on one of the forums but can't remember where.

Does anyone have one?

Which manufactures pins will it fire?

I have the Grizzly 18 gage nail gun & 18 gage stapler & they fire Senco nails & staples which I can purchase at the local lumber yard. I hope that the HF pinner uses a pin that I can purchase locally in our small town.

I figured from what I've read this pinner would work ok for my hobby shop. It doesn't need to be a high dollar pinner.

Don Baer
09-29-2005, 7:47 PM
The answer to your question is YES. My son bought one a few years ago and it's one of the few things from HF that he bought that has been quit reliable. When we run out of pins we jus pick up the same size from the Orange/Blue Borg.

Bart Leetch
09-29-2005, 8:08 PM
The answer to your question is YES. My son bought one a few years ago and it's one of the few things from HF that he bought that has been quit reliable. When we run out of pins we jus pick up the same size from the Orange/Blue Borg.

Thanks Don but which brand of pins does it use??? :confused: :D

Kurt Aebi
09-30-2005, 8:31 AM
Bart,

Can't say anything on the 23 Ga. pin nailer - but I have the HF 18 Ga. Brad nailer and so far Senco and Bostich have been perfect fits for my nailer. I have also used Sears Craftsman Brads w/o any problems. I would assume that the 23 Ga. would be about the same.

Corey Hallagan
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
I am interested in the 23 ga pinner as well. It seems that the HF nail guns are some of the best deals around. They seem to work very well even models that cost as low as 29.99.

Corey

Steve Sheffield
09-30-2005, 10:38 AM
I have this pinner and it has never failed. the PC ins work fine.

Bart Leetch
09-30-2005, 11:46 AM
On another forum I was directed to this pinner

To see it you need to go to this URL select PNEUMATIC NAILERS AND STAPLERS & then finish nailers from the drop down menu at the top of the page right now this URL doesn't seem to be showing the picture of it.

http://www.toolmartusa.com/

Or go to E bay & see what it looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEADLESS-PIN-NAILER-23-GAUGE-MODEL-P630-NEW_W0QQitemZ7549874342QQcategoryZ58152QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Or just looky here I managed to make a copy of it.

I hope this isn't a no no posting this here if it is I'm sorry in advance.
It is my understanding that if it pertains to an on going post we can post where to find the product or a like product. Is this true?

Don Baer
09-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks Don but which brand of pins does it use??? :confused: :D

He got a box at HF but when we ran out we got some from from the Orange Borg and they were Senco.

John Strait
09-30-2005, 1:38 PM
Bart,

I have the Air Locker pinner and really like it. It has some features the HF does not. You do not have to make adjustments for different size pins. It also has a saftey. Just make sure to pay attention to the arrow on the pins so you do not get them in upside down.

John