PDA

View Full Version : K-body, let the buying begin

John Gregory
09-29-2005, 4:57 PM
As you know the K-body is 25 years old. Many resellers will have good deals for October 2005, here is one at LeeValley (http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=52618&cat=)

Martin Lutz
09-29-2005, 5:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Pete Simmons
09-29-2005, 5:36 PM
Never bought anything from LV. Heard lotza good things about them.

How does shipping and payment from Canada to the US work out?

Dale Rodabaugh
09-29-2005, 5:37 PM
Clamps look good,but I am laying low til Nov.Want to buy a new cabinet saw.Guess my old Craftsman and Jorgenson clamps will have to do for awhile.:eek: :eek: :cool:

John Gregory
09-29-2005, 5:47 PM

I have purchased before from Lee Valley, they have awesome customer service. Once I order some hinges, then didn't like them and sent them back. They refunded my purchase price and the shipping I paid to send them back. It wasn't their fault I didn't like them. Purchasing with a credit card is just like buying from anywhere else. On their web site you can choose to show prices in USD. You can't go wrong buying from LeeValley

Andrew Ault
09-29-2005, 6:46 PM

For customers in the US, they ship out of New York. There is no customs issues to worry about. There is no sales tax unless you are in the State of New York.

Good people.

Tony Shaftel
09-29-2005, 7:16 PM
Lee Valley is normally the first place I look online to buy woodworking stuff. They really are a great outfit to deal with.

Frank Pellow
09-29-2005, 8:23 PM

For customers in the USA, Lee Valley ships from Ogdensburg New York and you pay in US funds.

Furthermore US customers outside New York pay no sales tax :) -unlike we customers in Canada. :( But, then again, we get real stores to shop at. :D

Lee Valley has the best customer service :) that I have experienced of any company in any field.

Steve Clardy
09-29-2005, 8:30 PM
I put sme in my wish list at LV. Haven't pulled the troggier yet. I have too many clamps now, but would like some 12's and 18". But only 12, 25, and 50 are offered so far anywhere I've looked.

Tim Morton
09-29-2005, 9:20 PM
I am going to order the smaller set once i have a few minutes ....thanks for the heads up!!:D:D

Jules Dominguez
09-29-2005, 10:28 PM

Pete, shipping costs are graduated by cost of goods ordered, but peak at $12 for a $100 order (I think... but I have a lot of senior moments. I know it's not more than that.)

Tom Peterson
09-29-2005, 11:03 PM
21.59 for a 24"
26.99 for a 40"

Jack Hogoboom
09-30-2005, 4:45 PM
Bought two of the $75 package deals from Lee Valley plus a couple of face plates.

I'm a dead man when my wife sees my VISA bill.... :rolleyes: :o

Andy London
09-30-2005, 5:36 PM

They have shipping out of New York for their American customers to make things easy.

Andy

Sam Chambers
09-30-2005, 6:25 PM
Pete, shipping costs are graduated by cost of goods ordered, but peak at $12 for a $100 order (I think... but I have a lot of senior moments. I know it's not more than that.)
You're right, Jules. I ordered several things from them recently (a set of water stones, a shoulder plane and a cabinet scraper) and since the shipping was capped at $12.00 I ordered a granite surfacing plate too. It was my first purchase from LV, but it won't be the last. Their prices on Norton water stones were far less than anyone else.