PDA

View Full Version : September 11th

Frederick Skelly
09-11-2016, 2:35 PM
Maybe I'm crossing a line and if so, the Mods will straighten me out. But it seemed wrong to let today pass without a note to remember the victims, their families and their friends.

God keep them all.

Fred Skelly

Mike Henderson
09-11-2016, 3:18 PM
+1 It seems like there's more in the news about 9/11 this year than in past years. Maybe it's because it's 15 years.

Mike

Bert Kemp
09-11-2016, 3:32 PM
+1 again may they all rest in peace and may we be protected from anything like this ever happening again.

Rich Riddle
09-11-2016, 3:56 PM
A modern day that lives in infamy. Truly sad. Some special interest group attempted to change the wording on a monument.

Robert Maloney
09-11-2016, 8:21 PM
Never Forget!!!

Paul McGaha
09-11-2016, 8:41 PM
Thanks for starting the thread Fred.

As you said, God bless the victims, their families and their friends.

PHM

Brian Elfert
09-11-2016, 9:13 PM
I expect we'll hear a lot about 9/11 on the 20th and 25th anniversary. After 25 years I suspect the memories will start to fade and we won't hear a lot about it again until 50 years have passed. By that time many Americans won't even really know what happened on 9/11.

Matt Meiser
09-11-2016, 9:55 PM
My daughters 8th grade class visited the Pentagon memorial this past spring during their DC trip. Out of 50-some kids on the trip I believe 1 had been born as of that day. That means this year's college freshman were about 4. It's already becoming an historical event.

Keith Westfall
09-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the thread, we should never forget...

Chris Padilla
09-12-2016, 2:07 PM
My daughters 8th grade class visited the Pentagon memorial this past spring during their DC trip. Out of 50-some kids on the trip I believe 1 had been born as of that day. That means this year's college freshman were about 4. It's already becoming an historical event.My daughter was there earlier this year with her 8th grade class. My wife was 5 months pregnant with her on that fateful September day back in 2001 (and we were on a beach in Mykonos, Greece).

Rod Sheridan
09-12-2016, 2:29 PM
You're probably correct Bruce, how many of us remember where we were when JFK or Martin Luther King were killed?

I'm not American and yet I remember exactly where I was at the time, there are some events that transcend nationality, they truly become international markers.

I watched some coverage last night, I still think that if I hadn't seen the original coverage I would have thought the two buildings collapsing straight down was a special effect.

My condolences to those who lost family and friends, and the people who later became sick or died due to exposure to the debris.

Regards, Rod.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2016, 2:46 PM
I'll disagree. I don't think memories of that day will be forgotten any more than the attack on Pear Harbor has been forgotten.

Still today, I can remember where I was when I heard a radio broadcast interrupted to say that JFK had been assassinated.

The morning of 9/11, I was still laying on my back on the living room floor recovering from a broken back watching IMUS in the Morning....when they interrupted......went to a live feed only to see the 2nd plane hit the 2nd Tower.

The attacks on this country have been so few and rare, I don't think they will be forgotten.

Beyond that, it was truly an international event. IIRC, hundreds of foreigners died in those attacks. I doubt it will be forgotten soon.

May their families and friends find peace.

Kevin Womer
09-12-2016, 6:04 PM
Thanks for mentioning it, t should never be forgotten.

Christmas break last year my wife and I took the kids to the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville. We are so glad we did, my son was only 1 and my daughter wasn't born yet so that day only is in their memory because of what we teach them. My wife and I were emotional at the memorial or when we talk about 9/11, and while it may be difficult for them to understand what happened that day, they do feel empathy for the victims and their families through us.

Frederick Skelly
09-12-2016, 7:22 PM
I'm not American and yet I remember exactly where I was at the time, there are some events that transcend nationality, they truly become international markers.

My condolences to those who lost family and friends, and the people who later became sick or died due to exposure to the debris.

Regards, Rod.

Thank you Rod and Keith. Another thing I will always remember about that sad time is the incredible kindness that the Canadian People showed to all of the "grounded" airline passengers and crews who landed in Canada. I knew several people who were grounded, and to a man, they were very very grateful for Canada's help.

With respect and friendship,
Fred