PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the order of sequence of cutting and/or engraving

Roger Lueck
09-11-2016, 2:19 PM
Using Laserworks V6; in the past when I have required a specific sequence in which I wanted parts of a project to be cut or engraved I assigned each part a specific color.

I check the following boxes below "Path Optimize":
"Order of Layer"
"Inside to Outside"
"Auto Determine Start Point and Dir"

I then arranged the colors in the sequence (top to bottom) that I wanted the operation to be performed.

This works fine as long as you have fewer parts than colors that are available.

Is there another method to assign the sequence of engraving and/or cutting of different parts within a project?

Is there a reference document somewhere, in understandable English, that defines/explains what each function listed under "Path Optimize" (as well as other functions in Laserworks) will do?

Dave Sheldrake
09-11-2016, 3:08 PM
Path Optimise take's into account total travel distance
Order of layer goes in the colour order of layers you set
Inside to outside cuts all inside shapes stepping outwards in each article
Auto determine works it all out for itself (and usually gets it wrong)

Roger Lueck
09-11-2016, 6:55 PM
Path Optimise take's into account total travel distance
Order of layer goes in the colour order of layers you set
Inside to outside cuts all inside shapes stepping outwards in each article
Auto determine works it all out for itself (and usually gets it wrong)

Dave,

Thank You for your reply.

I have a good understanding of the functions I listed in my message and what they do, it's those remaining functions in Laserworks for which I'd like to find a description of what those functions do.

However, the primary reason for my post was to determine if there is another/alternate method to assign the sequence of engraving and/or cutting for the different parts within a project?

Dave Sheldrake
09-11-2016, 7:20 PM
Yup there is, Draw order but I can't remember if ruida controls will read it or not, in effect with a DXF file saved the order the items were drawn in is remembered by the file so the machine will follow that draw order.I'll have to take a look and see if it works in the morning when I get back to work.

If time permits I'll rewrite the main control manuals in understandable ways for people as I have them all here somewhere.

Klaus Madsen
09-11-2016, 8:01 PM
I don't have Laser works but RDWorks, but as far as I know they are quite the same.

In the top menu under "Edit" click on "Set Cut Property" here you can set the order for all objects without having to assign any colors.

Hope that helps.