PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly table saw slider?

Vince Shriver
09-09-2016, 8:00 PM
Looking for any reviews (from actual users) of the Grizzly 10" table saw slider. I'm interested in an after-market addition to my old table saw. TIA, Vince

Bob Potter
09-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Hello Vince
I just looked it up and in this forum is an artcle and a lot of pictures of the Grizzly G0623X sliding table saw by Mark Engel. At the top on the left side of the post is a date of 04/16/2011 and on the top right it is Mar 2007. Not sure which is the right date. If you go to Mark Engel you should be able to find his post.

I think the only complaint was geting the rip fence square to the blade.

I have looked at this saw and would buy one if I could. No it is not a Hammer or MinMax but for the money it should be a good buy.
Hope this helps, Bob

Bas Pluim
09-10-2016, 12:16 PM
I think the OP is looking for opinions on the sliding table attachment as an accessory to a conventional table saw (item T10223), not the Grizzly slider.
As for the G0623X, yeah, it's a nice saw....had it for five years and would buy it again. All Mark's fault :-)

Bob Potter
09-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Ok I stand corrected. I have the Grizzly sliding table attachment T10223. I bought this about four years ago at Grizzly in Spring field Mo.
I bought it for about $570.00 with store discount. The slider is wonderful, quiet, solid, no side to side play and rolls easily plus cross cuts 48".
Now the miter gage and fence are made very heavy not going to break. But will not lock into 90 or any other setting without squaring it. By that i mean there is play in the detents until it is lock down. The fence flip stop also has play in either direction and also has to be squared before locking it down. Now these two problems can be fixed with a little forethought.
I put a different fence on that stays square but no mitering.
The legs that go with it are mounted on my mobile base so they always stay set.
I use this sliding table al the for crosscutting and some ripping 48" or under. Cutting smaller sheet goods. Cuts are much safer such as wide and long crosscuts.
I would diffidently buy this slider again.
Hope this helps, Bob