PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 24TT, power supply fan

Jim Coffee
09-08-2016, 9:42 AM
Good morning...

I've got an Epilog 45 watt 24TT. The power supply fan is squeaking at startup. Just annoying. Any reason I cannot open the power supply case and replace the fan? Epilog sells only the power supply...not the fan separate (not complaining, just stating fact).

I might add that I consider this machine to be an oldie but goodie. It just keeps working. Whenever I've had problems (which is rarely) I've been able to have parts next day from Epilog...and presto...back up and running.

TIA

Gary Hair
09-08-2016, 9:52 AM
There is no reason you can't swap out the fan. Look for one with the same specs and you should be fine.

Joe Pelonio
09-08-2016, 9:31 PM
Yes,my hat should be fairly easy. I also have a "classic" TT, built in 2004 and still kicking.

Bill Cunningham
09-14-2016, 9:21 PM
My TT is still doing fine after 12 years. I just replaced a Y motor. It was still engraving fine, but vibrated when moving quickly or quick vector cutting. So far in the 12 hard working years, I've replaced a xmotor, ymotor, 1 mirror, 1 airline(air assist), 1 gantry cable, and a laser tube, still running the original 2" lens(keep em clean and they last). As long as I can get parts, I'll keep it going. I have a spare mirror,lens,xmotor, and the indexing strip in the gantry(forgot what ya call it). The current tube is 8 yrs old now, but still seems to be going strong. The TT's were built tough.