PDA

View Full Version : Bodor Laser owners, do you feel you would expect this from Bodor company?

Daniel Edstrom
09-02-2016, 1:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I decided to buy a laser cutter/engraver to start some hobby engraving and maybe later use it as a side-income.
I have basic tinkering skills but feel designing and engraving is more fun so I decided to buy from Bodor. I know
that means paying more for the same better parts, than if I would have specified those parts and bought a Laser
from rabbit for example. But metalwork and design is slightly better than rabbit and a lot better than
Shenhui/Red Sail/ Weike clones.

Thing is, I previously read that Bodor always ships tubes that are not lesser watt than specified, but always the
correct wattage and of better quality than average manufacturers.

I bought 40 watt BCL MU 6050, the larger desktop.

I recieved a 700 mm Tongli tube. I did not expect that from Bodor. But perhaps I was just naive despite having
read a lot on these forums.

Also before I recieved the machine the salesperson wrote and asked if I would help her speak to customers from
sweden for her.

Do you other Bodor owners have the same experience? I feel kind of insulted that a salesperson would ask me to help
her when there was a 700 mm tong Li tube in the package when hours 4000-10000 work time 40 watt were advertised.

Do you feel that this is accepted by Bodor management or do you think I could have them send a real 40 watt?
I very politely asked if perhaps the person packing the order could have just had a slight missunderstanding,
but she insisted Tongli was standard. Although she did not mention length of tube in her reply.

Thank you for your replys Guys!

Best regards,
Daniel

Rodne Gold
09-02-2016, 3:11 PM
what did you pay?

Keith Winter
09-02-2016, 3:25 PM
what did you pay?

^^^^^^
what Rodne said.

If you are going to the trouble of importing a machine yourself why would you order a machine with a 40 watt tube anyway? If ordering from china the price difference between a 40 watt and a 80 watt would be a few hundred dollars. I cannot seem to find this model online, can you point us to it so we can get a better idea of what you ordered?

Keith Winter
09-02-2016, 3:29 PM
Is this the machine? http://www.bodor.com/CO2_Laser/2016-08-03/16.html

If so, you bought a toy/hobby machine. Depending on what you paid, this is probably par for the coarse with a low end unit like this.

Dave Sheldrake
09-02-2016, 3:47 PM
The lowest power rating from EFR is 60 watt, from RECI it's 80 watt so a 40 watt machine won't have either of those.

A 700mm tube *peaks* at 40 watts...but is about 32 to 35 watts continuous.

Like the guys said, it's a cheap machine, costs have to be saved somewhere

Bill Carruthers
09-02-2016, 5:21 PM
FWIW - about a year ago I asked Bodor for a quote on a 100W- 600x900 machine- they responded with a quote for a 100W RECI, so I asked them for a price with a 100W EFR and EFR power supply which they responded to saying it would actually be about $ 50.00 cheaper! I didn't end up ordering the machine, but I was impressed with their non gouging approach.
It would be interesting to know what Daniel paid and what the difference in price for say an 80W would have been?

Kev Williams
09-02-2016, 5:31 PM
If I read the Tongli website correctly, as in, a p/n of TLC700-50 is a 700mm tube, they rate that tube at 23-30 watts @ 18-22 mV... The TLC800-50 is rated 30-40...

If that IS a TLC700, they shouldn't be advertising it as a 40w machine...

Doug Hoffman
09-02-2016, 7:20 PM
I have 2 Bodor lasers. One is a 1300x900, the other I have in my home is a BCL 605 MU. It is probably the laser you have. Mine though, has the 80w Reci.
As far as Bodor shipping lower wattage than advertised, I have not found that! My Reci is 80w, 90w peak and tested at 108w. They sold it to me as an 80w tube. Sellers on ebay list the same tube as 90w and even 100w. Now they are not the sellers I will deal with! My little desktop laser weighs more than a Redsail 700X, or is it X700? Cost direct imported was over $5000, with my extras. Build quality is well above the average Chinese laser. They even sent many extra sensors and replacement parts for free. Bodor and Thunderlaser are the Chinese lasers I recommend!

Bert Kemp
09-02-2016, 9:13 PM
I'm curious is to weather or not you have ever seen a rabbit laser. You say metal work and design of bodor is better then a rabbit yet you say you got a 700 mm tube which puts out under 35 watts running power. were a rabbit 40 watt tube is 1010 mm and their 40 watt tubes are 900 mm. I'm also pretty sure that the build quality of a rabbit 6040 is better also.

Hello everyone,

I decided to buy a laser cutter/engraver to start some hobby engraving and maybe later use it as a side-income.
I have basic tinkering skills but feel designing and engraving is more fun so I decided to buy from Bodor. I know
that means paying more for the same better parts, than if I would have specified those parts and bought a Laser
from rabbit for example. But metalwork and design is slightly better than rabbit and a lot better than
Shenhui/Red Sail/ Weike clones.

Thing is, I previously read that Bodor always ships tubes that are not lesser watt than specified, but always the
correct wattage and of better quality than average manufacturers.

I bought 40 watt BCL MU 6050, the larger desktop.

I recieved a 700 mm Tongli tube. I did not expect that from Bodor. But perhaps I was just naive despite having
read a lot on these forums.

Also before I recieved the machine the salesperson wrote and asked if I would help her speak to customers from
sweden for her.

Do you other Bodor owners have the same experience? I feel kind of insulted that a salesperson would ask me to help
her when there was a 700 mm tong Li tube in the package when hours 4000-10000 work time 40 watt were advertised.

Do you feel that this is accepted by Bodor management or do you think I could have them send a real 40 watt?
I very politely asked if perhaps the person packing the order could have just had a slight missunderstanding,
but she insisted Tongli was standard. Although she did not mention length of tube in her reply.

Thank you for your replys Guys!

Best regards,
Daniel

Daniel Edstrom
09-03-2016, 7:50 AM
Hello again!

I can admit that build quality between machines, is something I have only judged from what other Bodor owners have written. The build quality of this machine was judged by a friend studying mechanical engineering to be really good. So perhaps it isn't better than a Rabbit, I just trusted the judgement of other Bodor owners. But Hearing that rabbit provides as standard 40 watt a far longer tube, leaves me to think that perhaps the other Bodor users whose posts I read does not have firsthand experience with rabbit.

Yes, it's the larger of the two laser machines in the link provided.
6050 work table.
It is indeed the Tongli tube advertised as 30 on Tongli webpage. I paid around 2900 usd, which I have read others have paid too. At this cost I truly expected getting a reall 40 watt without any fuss. I knew that Bodor are overpriced, but reading from others that their customer service is great and you can always know you get what advertised, I figured For me it was alright to pay a bit overprice for slightly better metal work and a nice design, and to be able to not have to specify every part of the machine.

But not getting a tube as advertised, Tongli does not have 4000 hrs of work time, and also a tube Tongli says isn't 40 what makes me think otherwise.

A friend was quoted 3700 for this machine with reci 80 watt and cw 5200 chiller. So that indicates that probably around 2900 isn't salted more than within accepted reason, from their standard price for the unit in question. The extra couple of hundreds where not in my budget, that will be a year in the future or so. Gothenburg is scandinavias main China import harbour so 8 week lcl is dirt cheap when I pick it up at harbour myself.

So I will insist to my saleswoman with the link to Tongli webpage that the tube is 30 watt and see if they do indeed have excellent customer service, otherwise it stands clear that the overprice is not in any way worth it.

Rabbit 60 40 would have been like 2300 usd with the same parts right?

Thank you so much for your response!

Doug Hoffman
09-03-2016, 9:32 AM
I have seen, and used Rabbit lasers. They are well built, but I still say the Bodor is of better quality.

Daniel Edstrom
09-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Thank you Doug, for obvious reasons that makes me glad. :)

I do hope Bodor will prove that they do have good and fair customer service as well. I will update as soon as I get a reply from salesrep. The tube thing do annoy me.

All feedback and response is very much appreciated. I recognize that I know a lot less about this than most people here. Except the ones that buy an eBay machine expecting a Trotec. I know at least a little bit more than them... And I look really forward to learning!

Cheers folks!

Dave Sheldrake
09-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Bodor build quality is very good, that said they still use the same HiWin Rails, Same Steppers, Same belts, Same electronics etc as the other Chinese machines. In effect it's a Chinese machine in a western designed case.

Keith Winter
09-03-2016, 12:18 PM
That's overpriced for such a tiny 40w Chinese machine. If they are going to charge you so much, you should at least get the proper tube.

Dave Sheldrake
09-03-2016, 12:57 PM
The control is DSP Keith unlike the usual Moshi rubbish that comes with a K40, for a DSP (Leetro) based machine that size the price is about right.

Bert Kemp
09-03-2016, 9:01 PM
I think you'll have a real hard time trying to get Bodor to make it right. For one thing a real 40 watt tube is 1010 mm and yours is 700 mm. A 40 watt tube will not fit in your case with out some modifications. You might be in luck if your case has an extension cover on it. But if it doesn't it will need to be cut and an extension case made. I hope it does , will make it a lot easier for them to give you a bigger tube. Good luck.

Daniel Edstrom
09-04-2016, 2:48 PM
The DSP is actually a Ruida modelnumber "RDC6442s(ec)" If I have read correct information,
ruida is slightly better then Leetro right?

On their webpage I couldnīt find this exact model, the closest was "RDC6442G".
The one I got is probably a variant of this.

Yes, I measured the inside of my machine, it could hold a Chengdu 850 mm, which
is rated by Chengdu as 40 watt.

I definitively should be getting a proper 40 watt at the price I paid.

We will see if they give me a reply by monday.

Dave Sheldrake
09-04-2016, 5:34 PM
Not much in it to be honest if they are wired PWN not analog. I like the AWC personally (708C plus) but the leetro is really all I need most of the time to do cutting work

Bert Kemp
09-04-2016, 9:32 PM
A true 40 watt tube is 1010mm in length or about 12 inches longer then your 700 mm tube 850 mm is still not a 40 watt tube sorry.

The DSP is actually a Ruida modelnumber "RDC6442s(ec)" If I have read correct information,
ruida is slightly better then Leetro right?

On their webpage I couldnīt find this exact model, the closest was "RDC6442G".
The one I got is probably a variant of this.

Yes, I measured the inside of my machine, it could hold a Chengdu 850 mm, which
is rated by Chengdu as 40 watt.

I definitively should be getting a proper 40 watt at the price I paid.

We will see if they give me a reply by monday.

Jerome Stanek
09-05-2016, 7:12 AM
[QUOTE=Bert Kemp;2600891]A true 40 watt tube is 1010mm in length or about 12 inches longer then your 700 mm tube 850 mm is still not a 40 watt tube sorry.[/QUOTE

Light objects sells a 850 MM laser tube that they claim is a full 40 watt.

Bert Kemp
09-05-2016, 4:33 PM
It might peak at 40 watts but will not run continuous at 40 watts. I would think that we have seen enough false claims to not take the MFG's word as Gospel. Companies have been claiming 700mm, 850mm tubes as 40 watt tube forever yet when anyone measures the actual output it comes in at 23 to 35 watts. These tubes test at 40 t0 45 watts at initial start up but run at much less power.

[QUOTE=Bert Kemp;2600891]A true 40 watt tube is 1010mm in length or about 12 inches longer then your 700 mm tube 850 mm is still not a 40 watt tube sorry.[/QUOTE

Light objects sells a 850 MM laser tube that they claim is a full 40 watt.

Daniel Edstrom
09-06-2016, 3:48 PM
Well, you were right Bert. I showed the table with tube power from Tongliīs website (23-30w), my salesperson showed me another table which she claimed was sent to her from Tongli that proved the 700mm to be a 40 watt..

Guess I got fooled a bit, but I knew this might happen when direct ordering from China. I read somewhere that Bodor was less tricky than the other companies, I also read somewhere that there exists no such thing as a
less tricky chineese company. Now I know who was right :P.

In the end, although Bodor might have better build quality (I cannot judge that), they are just another chinese laser company. Sometimes you get unlucky. At least it
did not show up all banged up from freight. Thank God I read the advice here to get a local, trusted, insured shipping agent.

Thanks for all your input, I love this forum. Hopefully one day I will have enough experience to chime in.

Kev Williams
09-06-2016, 3:55 PM
One way to find out for sure, rent a laser power tester.... :)

Dave Sheldrake
09-06-2016, 4:22 PM
my salesperson showed me another table which she claimed was sent to her from Tongli that proved the 700mm to be a 40 watt..

always makes me smile :)

TongLi claim peak power like many of the cheaper tube sellers / manufacturers. It will pump 40 watts out, for about 1/10,000 of a second, then settle back to the nominal run power. Thing is for the 10,000 of a second it IS giving 40 watts.
You cannot use that 40 watts but it is true. Sellers jump on that bandwagon and off they go. A bit like claims of cutting 30mm acrylic with a 40 watt laser, it WILL do it.....eventually, but quality will be terrible and run times will be in days.

ps: In case anybody wonders about the internet information that says tubes run 80 watts per Meter length those figures are for flowing gas systems when gas re-combination isn't a problem.

Kev Williams
09-06-2016, 4:32 PM
It fascinates me that in this day and age of instant information, that many marketers would still rather turn a blind eye to the benefits of 'truth in advertising'.

Dave Sheldrake
09-06-2016, 5:04 PM
It usually works though Kev, especially with laser buyers. Some of the claims we all see brother would make my toes curl a few years ago but these days it's just normal :)

Bert Kemp
09-06-2016, 8:07 PM
Well Dave I for one am glad I listened to you over 2 years ago when you advised me to go with Rabbit after my nightmare with FSL. I have a real 60 watt tube, a solid built machine and I can just call Ray or Carol anytime I have a problem. I had to call twice in 2 years and both times I got quick answers. Both times it was software issues. I've had no downtime do to mechanical problems knock on my head :D

Dave Sheldrake
09-06-2016, 8:19 PM
Well Dave I for one am glad I listened to you over 2 years ago when you advised me to go with Rabbit after my nightmare with FSL. I have a real 60 watt tube, a solid built machine and I can just call Ray or Carol anytime I have a problem. I had to call twice in 2 years and both times I got quick answers. Both times it was software issues. I've had no downtime do to mechanical problems knock on my head :D

No worries Bert :) I have an HX here that is 8 years old and been treated like dirt and it still cuts fine :)

Bert Kemp
09-06-2016, 10:45 PM
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

no worries bert :) i have an hx here that is 8 years old and been treated like dirt and it still cuts fine :)