PDA

View Full Version : Need help with with Bosch GCM12SD cut problems.

Benji Miller
09-02-2016, 9:45 AM
I bought a Bosch GCM12SD last weekend after a couple of weeks research on trying to find a miter saw that didn’t need clearance behind it for the guide rails to try and save some room in my two car garage shop. I finally got it out of the box and setup last night, blade is flat and perpendicular to the bed and rails so I made a few test cuts with it last night. Here are the results:
With these being less than ideal I checked the runout on the blade, it’s anywhere from +.009 to -.004. Like I said I checked the blade with a straight edge and it looks fine. I’ve heard that 12” saws have more blade wobble but is this acceptable? I’m not sure if I should get a new blade and re-test or take the saw back.

Chris Padilla
09-02-2016, 11:08 AM
A call to the manufacturer might be in order. They might tell you that it is in spec and if so, then it is up to you to decide if you can live with it. Personally, it doesn't look too bad to me but maybe you're pickier than I am? A second blade to double-check things might not be a bad idea. I have ideas of make that my future saw but I have yet to pull the trigger. They did have some issues initially but I understood that they ironed things out. You might also search around the good ole 'net to see what others have found and how they might've addressed things.