PDA

View Full Version : Your preferred tool colour?

Wayne Lomman
09-02-2016, 9:02 AM
I find bright colour makes some of my tools easy to find. What colours do you find are easiest to see? For me, bright yellow or fluorescent pink work best. I always try to get a pink tape measure because all the tough guys on building sites won't touch it! It's a tip I learned from a senior figure in the two wheeled fraternity who always bought a pink cigarette lighter for the same reason. Cheers

Jim Becker
09-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't really have any preferences, but I can see that certain types of portable tools could benefit from "very luminous" coloring to make them easier to find on a jobsite...the tape measure you mention is a great example! This is especially important for those of us (which is many) who suffer from CRS disease... :D You know...Can't Remember, um...err...Stuff... ;)

Brent Cutshall
09-02-2016, 5:41 PM
I like blue and Millers falls red. Other than that, if it throws wood chips, than I prefer it.

John K Jordan
09-02-2016, 6:02 PM
I find bright colour makes some of my tools easy to find. What colours do you find are easiest to see? For me, bright yellow or fluorescent pink work best. I always try to get a pink tape measure because all the tough guys on building sites won't touch it! It's a tip I learned from a senior figure in the two wheeled fraternity who always bought a pink cigarette lighter for the same reason. Cheers

I use bright fluorescent orange spray paint on my big c-clamps, wedges, sledge hammers, and some other tools I use outside around the farm. This makes them a lot easier to find if I leave one on the ground. I wouldn't choose a grass green or dirt brown paint.

A friend of mine sprayed a bit of red on every tool he owned when he worked where other people did. Never any discussion about which tool belonged to whom.

JKJ

Wayne Lomman
09-02-2016, 6:27 PM
John, I just paid for not maintaining the paint on my fence wire strainers. I put them down somewhere along an 80 metre fence line and I can't find them. The bright red had mostly worn off. Consequently, $90 later I have a new bright yellow set. Cheers

Rich Riddle
09-02-2016, 7:54 PM
Typically the tools I rebuild and paint are stationary painted battleship gray with red areas around the dangerous areas like blades....never have misplaced one of those.

Wayne Lomman
09-03-2016, 6:04 AM
Hmmm, wonder if I need to take Stewie's bathtub test...

Kevin Womer
09-03-2016, 8:40 PM
I always seem to be able to spot a bright green/black tape measure, fast cap brand I believe, but it always seems to scream "I'm over here stupid."

Stephen Tashiro
09-07-2016, 1:24 AM
I find bright colour makes some of my tools easy to find. What colours do you find are easiest to see? For me, bright yellow or fluorescent pink work best.

I like DeWalt yellow. Unfortunately, so do many of the wasps around the yard. When flowering vegetation gets scarce, work sometimes gets delayed a few minutes while a wasp investigates a DeWalt tool.