PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy lumber online?

Chris Lukowski
08-31-2016, 4:42 PM
I want to make a project out of walnut and my only local non-big-box lumber supply doesn't carry anything, it's all special order. I noticed a few sites like Rockler sell wood so I'm wondering where you go when your local supplier is either too expensive or doesn't have what you need. I can only imagine how awful shipping costs must be, but for special projects it'd be good to have a reliable online supplier that isn't going to send me junk.

Victor Robinson
08-31-2016, 5:32 PM
I have ordered from Bell Forest Products and Wall Lumber, been very satisfied with both.

Ralph Okonieski
08-31-2016, 7:24 PM
I've found Wall Lumber to have good quality at somewhat reasonable prices. (No relationship with them other than a customer)

Jim Becker
08-31-2016, 8:13 PM
Hearne ships...

Marc Burt
08-31-2016, 8:17 PM
I've always had good luck with Niagara Lumber. I like the no guess work that the shipping is included in the pricing. I hate talking on the phone, so that precludes me from calling a lot of places to get shipping estimates.

Steve Schoene
08-31-2016, 9:26 PM
Have you checked woodfinder.com I have been surprised at outlets that aren't widely known. Just a thought.

John T Barker
08-31-2016, 9:52 PM
Where are you? Jim mentioned Hearne...great people and great selection of wood (walnut country.) Also in Pa. is Irion Lumber, he has huge experience with walnut and great supply...and ships.