PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gene Wilder

Mark Blatter
08-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Seems like more and more my teenage years are finally disappearing as the iconic actors I enjoyed for so many movies are passing on. Yet another great one, Gene Wilder has died. Silver Streak, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and many others are movies that few could have made and no one better.

At least now he is with his beloved Gilda.

Bruce Page
08-30-2016, 1:19 AM
He was one of the great ones.
RIP

Stewie Simpson
08-30-2016, 1:52 AM
83yrs is a decent innings. Was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 1989. Net wealth of over $20 Million. Most likely a dog fight over the estate. Lawyers will be the winner.

Rod Sheridan
08-30-2016, 8:04 AM
Yes Mark, he will be missed. Pure comedic genius with so many items that have become a part of our culture..........regards, Rod.

"Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [to Igor] Now that brain that you gave me. Was it Hans Delbruck's?

Igor: [pause, then] No.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Ah! Very good. Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?

Igor: Then you won't be angry?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Abby someone.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby someone. Abby who?

Igor: Abby... Normal.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Normal?

Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [chuckles, then] Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

[grabs Igor and starts throttling him]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Is that what you're telling me?"

Mark Blatter
08-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Yes Mark, he will be missed. Pure comedic genius with so many items that have become a part of our culture..........regards, Rod.

"Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [to Igor] Now that brain that you gave me. Was it Hans Delbruck's?

Igor: [pause, then] No.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Ah! Very good. Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?

Igor: Then you won't be angry?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Abby someone.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby someone. Abby who?

Igor: Abby... Normal.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Normal?

Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [chuckles, then] Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

[grabs Igor and starts throttling him]

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Is that what you're telling me?"

Oh yes, I have used 'Abbynormal' many times describing people that it just seems to fit.

I have always loved this one;

Igor:
Dr. Frankenstein...
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein:
"Fronkensteen."
Igor:
You're putting me on.
No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
Igor:
Do you also say "Froaderick"?
No..."Frederick."
Igor:
Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?
It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronensteen."
Igor:
I see.
You must be Igor.
Igor:
No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."
But they told me it was "ee-gor."
Igor:
Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?
(http://www.quotes.net/mquote/106603)

Prashun Patel
08-30-2016, 10:27 AM
"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination."

Stew Hagerty
08-30-2016, 10:30 AM
83yrs is a decent innings. Was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 1989. Net wealth of over $20 Million. Most likely a dog fight over the estate. Lawyers will be the winner.

Stewie, I am pretty sure I'm a long lost relative. Would you please make sure you have me listed in your will?

Peter Kelly
08-30-2016, 11:07 AM
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams
(http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/we-music-makers-dreamers-dreams-11816692)

glenn bradley
08-30-2016, 1:35 PM
Put . . . the candle . . . back!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-30-2016, 2:17 PM
Truly one of those who could bring more laughter with just an expression on his face than most could using potty mouth language!

Silver Streak and Blazing Saddles are on my very short list of movies that I truly enjoyed!

Rich Riddle
08-30-2016, 3:07 PM
He was one of those who made many people laugh. He will be remembered.

Erik Loza
08-30-2016, 3:09 PM
Wife and I are leaving for a mini-vacation, day after tomorrow. Gonna' see if I can download Blazing Saddles and Stir Crazy for the flight.

That scene in Blazing Saddles, where Gene Wilder is just waking up in the jail cell, hanging upside down, and Cleavon Little asks him if he's awake. Hahaha, I lough out loud every time I think of that.

Erik

Chris Padilla
08-30-2016, 3:33 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/movies/gene-wilder-dead.html?_r=0

Short 'n sweet article with a few good clips.

Larry Browning
08-30-2016, 4:37 PM
Blazing Saddles is my absolutely favorite movie of all time. I don't even know what is second.

"Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim."
My son can probably quote you every line of that movie.

Every couple of years we will get together and watch it again. It is still so funny I laugh til I cry.

Kevin Womer
09-03-2016, 7:35 AM
Happened to be flipping through the channels and stopped on Bonnie and Clyde 1967? Anyway he had a small part in that movie. I had forgotten he was in that one too. He will be missed.