PDA

View Full Version : New Tool Gloat

Christopher Stahl
09-28-2005, 5:41 PM
The Performax was delivered on Monday afternoon. Probably won't make it out of the garage and down to the shop until the weekend. I've been wanting one of these for a while and finally broke down and bought it from amazon.

Don't mind the mess in the garage, doing a little fall cleaning. :)

Richard Wolf
09-28-2005, 5:44 PM
Nice gloat!!

Richard

Vaughn McMillan
09-28-2005, 6:17 PM
Christopher, I'm pretty sure that new Performax will be incompatible with the Pennsylvania climate. Just to spare you the misery of having it work so poorly in your shop, I'll make the necessary sacrifices and allow you to store it in the nice, comfortable California climate of my shop.

Nice gloat, you lucky dog! (Actually, it was probably more the result of hard work than luck...way to go.)

- Vaughn

Russ Massery
09-28-2005, 6:55 PM
Very nice gloat I see you sprung for the 22-44 wish I had. enjoy.

Jim Knauss
09-28-2005, 7:18 PM
Lucky dog!
Thats my next major tool investment. Let us know how you like it.
Jim

Jim Becker
09-28-2005, 8:24 PM
Ah, very nice! I really like mine!!

Christopher Stahl
09-28-2005, 9:18 PM
Vaughn,
I appreciate your concern for the well being of the Performax in this climate, but I'm going to do what I can to provide it a good home. :) Your welcome to come play anytime! ;)

I was in Cali from 2000 from 2003, so I can certainly appreciate the warmer climate year round, but I was missing the seasons.

Christopher Stahl
09-28-2005, 9:20 PM
Thanks everyone, I can't wait to fire it up and start sanding. :)

chris

Corey Hallagan
09-28-2005, 9:21 PM
Excellent gloat on sander! Very cool and congrats!

Corey

Jim Becker
09-28-2005, 9:22 PM
I was in Cali from 2000 from 2003, so I can certainly appreciate the warmer climate year round, but I was missing the seasons.

Well...you certainly picked a place with "seasons", all right! Hot and humid summers and about the bitterest winters in Pennsy-tucky! I still don't believe I made it through four years in that town with one pair of sneakers...LOL! :D

Steve Clardy
09-28-2005, 9:42 PM
Super gloat!!

Christopher Stahl
09-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Well...you certainly picked a place with "seasons", all right! Hot and humid summers and about the bitterest winters in Pennsy-tucky! I still don't believe I made it through four years in that town with one pair of sneakers...LOL! :D

Yeah, there's no doubt we have seasons. I do enjoy living in this area, it's so beautiful. :) As a matter of fact, my favorite time of year is here. Love to see the leaves change color and the weather has been fantastic... low 70s.

Speaking of those 4 years, they were good times. :)

Jeff Sudmeier
09-29-2005, 8:32 AM
Christopher, great gloat!!

I too love the seasons that I see. I woke up today and could see my breath in the air... ahh fall, I LOVE IT!

Kelly C. Hanna
09-29-2005, 8:45 AM
Sweet!!! I would love to have one...tell us how you like it!

Bart Leetch
09-29-2005, 9:45 AM
Yeah, there's no doubt we have seasons. I do enjoy living in this area, it's so beautiful. :) As a matter of fact, my favorite time of year is here. Love to see the leaves change color and the weather has been fantastic... low 70s.

Speaking of those 4 years, they were good times. :)

So Chris do you get out on that wheeled easy chair :eek: & blow those leaves around after they fall off the trees? :D

Have fun with you new Performax smoooooothing :eek: out the rough spots. :D

Jason Tuinstra
09-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Chris, nice gloat. I have the 16/32 as well. It has come in very handy over the last few years. Have fun setting up the head, though. That's the only issue that I've ever had with mine. Trying to get it dialed in can be a tedious process, but with a little work, and some patience, it tunes in pretty well. Enjoy! It's a real luxery to have - especially with highly figured woods.

Christopher Stahl
09-29-2005, 11:08 AM
So Chris do you get out on that wheeled easy chair :eek: & blow those leaves around after they fall off the trees? :D

Have fun with you new Performax smoooooothing :eek: out the rough spots. :D

Sort of, I drive the eXmark around the yard and vacuum up the leaves. I guess that is pretty close to a wheeled easy chair. :)

chris

Christopher Stahl
09-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Chris, nice gloat. I have the 16/32 as well. It has come in very handy over the last few years. Have fun setting up the head, though. That's the only issue that I've ever had with mine. Trying to get it dialed in can be a tedious process, but with a little work, and some patience, it tunes in pretty well. Enjoy! It's a real luxery to have - especially with highly figured woods.

If I have problems setting it up, I'll be pinging the Creek for help. ;)

chris

Christopher Stahl
09-29-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm hoping that when I use this, I'll have the reaction of "I can't believe I survived with out it!"

chris

Michael Gibbons
09-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Someday...:(