PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
08-29-2016, 12:00 AM
29 Aug 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
The weather has been good here since it finally stopped raining. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those that have been impacted by the recent weather patterns. Getting some things ready in the shop since the temps are cooler and I'm thinking that I'm more than ready to get back out in the shop, but time and effort will prove one way or another.

It's back oncall duty for me today, so I'm not expecting a great week of free time to do various things.
My youngest son proposed to his girlfriend this weekend and she said Yes....so that's a bit more excitement than I was planning for.!

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Earl McLain
08-29-2016, 6:50 AM
Between a trip to see our Grandkids on Saturday and some other family commitments on Sunday--put the finishing touches on the cabinets for a recently acquired Incra table. Bottom box is a pair of 29" wide drawers, 22" deep on 20" full extension slides. Pulls are walnut scrap, floated on 1/4" thick fillers. Top box is a pass-through storage so it can hold a few long items and/or bit boxes. Fold-down lids, held closed with rare earth magnets, should save me from finding a clear table space when I need to grab something out of there. Router box has removable door, and may need a touch more make-up air. Ends--I rabbeted a 3/4" plywood frame to the 1/2" extrusions, added pegboard for FUT's (Frequently Used Tools). The switch is a relatively cheap magnetic from Grizzly, with a 15' extension cord (12 ga) powering it. Cabinet handles were some freebies I had, but after getting the walnut pulls attached--I may have to do walnut for those as well.

Happy to have that behind me!!

earl

Wayne Lomman
08-29-2016, 6:54 AM
Finished building the 28 square metre extension to the goat shed for my wife and daughter. Total shed size is now 140 square metres. Recycled materials from around the farm. Total cost was $23.52 for new roofing screws. Cheers

Aaron Conway
08-29-2016, 7:51 AM
Earl, Nice job on the router table.

I did quite a bit of yard work this weekend and also spent a few hours cleaning and re-arranging my shop. As far as projects, I made a simple birdhouse for my aunt and glued up some walnut and maple for a cutting board.

Rod Sheridan
08-29-2016, 8:14 AM
Finished building the 28 square metre extension to the goat shed for my wife and daughter. Total shed size is now 140 square metres. Recycled materials from around the farm. Total cost was $23.52 for new roofing screws. Cheers

That's a big goat shed Wayne, larger than my house.

How many goats will it house?

Regards, Rod.

Mike Walsh
08-29-2016, 8:46 AM
made lots of shavings this weekend. I've been working on a set of 6 dining room chairs since last OCT (!) and am finally down to the final shaping of the legs. The back legs were roughed out on a shaper, but still needed to clean up the tapered sides by hand - same on front legs. Luckily I find planing, spokeshaving very therapeutic!

Jim Becker
08-29-2016, 9:19 AM
Saturday, I didn't really get a lot of time in the shop because after mowing the lawn, I decided to accompany Professor Dr. SWMBO to the supermarket after a nice meal out mid-afternoon. Both girls were working and it was an opportunity to spend some quality time together. Sunday, aside from my weekly gas run to NJ and to Home Depot for a few things I needed, I spent the entire day in the shop working multiple projects...cutting and paining the T&G Bead Board for the back panel of the hutch, installing some more face frame on the hutch, constructing and painting some bee hive components and diagnosing/fixing a floor lamp for my older daughter's room. I'm off work this week, so I'll be working on some painting projects in the house interwoven with more shop time. :)

Oh, and Dennis, it was great to hear your family news this weekend! Very exciting. :)

Garth Almgren
08-29-2016, 11:11 AM
It was a busy one. I work on my office shed a little bit every day after I finish working, and I got all the rafters up on Wednesday, so Saturday morning was spent putting up the roof sheathing. My goal is to get the roof on (sheathing at least so I can tarp it, if not finish all the shingling) before the rain starts, and it looks like it may hold off until Wednesday if I'm lucky. I got 3/4 of the way done (6 sheets down, 2 to go) when I had to quit for two reasons: I had get cleaned up for a multiple birthday party we were hosting for family members, and I ran out of ring shank nails. :D

This was before I started sheathing the roof:
343167 343168

Sunday was taken up with church followed by memorial service for a cousin who recently passed away from brain cancer. :(

Wayne Lomman
08-29-2016, 5:41 PM
Rod it's bigger than my house and bigger than my workshop... It is shelter for ten goats in two quarantined areas, feed storage area, feed preparation area, milking room and kid rearing area. The shed used to be the dairy when my wife and daughter were full time goat dairy farmers. I have been adapting it over time to suit what is now the hobby. Cheers

Bruce Wrenn
08-29-2016, 9:53 PM
Went to IWF in Atlanta. Driving in Atlanta is always so much fun! Thank God for the MARTA system. Saw laser light show at Stone Mountain on Saturday night. Drove home on Sunday.