PDA

View Full Version : Remington Elect. Chain Saw Sale.............

Joe Tonich
09-28-2005, 3:07 PM
at Big Lots. They have the Remington 14" electric (Model # 075762J) for $40. I bought one today for trimming blanks in my garage/shop and other lil' jobs around the house. With the arm still messed up this is a lot better than using the STIHL at about 6lbs. :D Only used it a bit on some scrap 2x4's and such to cut kindlin for my wood stoves and fireplace and it cut like butter (till I hit a nail :( ). I figure I still came out good, as if I used my Miter Saw and hit a nail, a good blade would have set me back more $ and I can resharpen chains. :D :D I may try to slice up some logs I have later, so I'll let you know if it bogs or not.

Don Baer
09-28-2005, 3:13 PM
Joe,
I've been thinking of getting an electric Chain saw for a while and was wondering how they would work. I would use it the same as you do to cut blanks. I'll be interested in hearing how it works. BTW What size motor does your have?

Joe Tonich
09-28-2005, 4:37 PM
Joe,
. BTW What size motor does your have?

Now THAT's a good question. The box says 3 HP and the Remington site says 2 1/2 for that model. :confused: :confused:

Joe

Kurt Aebi
09-28-2005, 5:25 PM
Joe,

I bought a McCoullough a few years back because all of the logs for the furnace were 24" and the firebox would only take 18" Max. All of my wood was put up in the basement, so a gas saw was out of the question. It has a 14" bar and I'm not sure the HP rating - but it cur the ends off of 8 cord that winter without a hick-up. I also like it when I am up on a ladder trimming out limbs from the sugar maples in the back yart as well. You surely will find way way more use than the $40.00 price and it won't owe you a thing. (I paid $75.00 for mine about 10 years ago!)

Good Score!!!!!!!

Bruce Smith
09-28-2005, 7:26 PM
I wish I could agree with you owners of the Remington Saw but I'm afraid I can't. Its a pity you fellows were not closer as I could give you mine to have for a spare. To me they are just a toy, not enough power for hard wood timber probably be ok for softwood but I bought it to use on hardwood blanks. I have a gas powered saw which I use most of the time but when cutting in my garage or the basement workshop I prefer an electric chain saw. I had a craftsman for ten years or so and it stood up well until the armature developed a short in a winding. I then got the Remington but never did get to like it. Picked up the news paper one evening and saw that a national hardware chain store here in Canada had the 16" Poulan on sale (same size as the Remington). I invested in one and the difference is something else, sure as heck suits me. It may not be number one but certainly does the job for me. I'm not sure if this Remington Co. is the same Co. that make electric razors but if it is, why they had better stick to making electric razors. Sure the Poulan costs a little more but its worth it.
Bruce in Saint John, N.B. Canada

Jim Becker
09-28-2005, 8:29 PM
I have an 18" Remmington electric for "shop use" and it's a very handy machine to have. Thanks for posting about the availablity for folks!