PDA

View Full Version : Miter Saw Extensions

tim walker
08-26-2016, 10:33 AM
I finally am going to add this to my Bosch CMS. Have the Kreg stop system. I have a couple of questions. It is hard to find any plans for just extensions, thus the questions. Should I go 8ft on one side, 6x2, or 4x4 on either side. I tend to slide my stock in to the saw from the left, so thinking a stop on the right is ideal. How deep should I make the top? What material should I use? I have seen mention of phenolic coated PW but that seems over kill. What about a coated MDF board? What is the ideal backing material, MDF, plywood, solid wood? Ho deep should I make the base and should I sit the saw on the base or just mount it to the table I am currently using, Sorry for all of the questions. Also any pics of yours would be appreciated.

PS Saw is currently sitting on top of a pretty stable folding table that is made of MDF and is about 1" thick.
Thanks all.

Tim in Houston

Jery Madigan
08-28-2016, 11:38 AM
For a start, go to youtube and search for Paulk Miterstand. He has designed many benches etc. Take a look at his other videos. Good stuff. He sells plans for a nominal cost.