PDA

View Full Version : Delta 46-460 parts issue

Paul Williams
08-23-2016, 6:30 PM
I need a quill and lead screw for my delta 46-460 midi lathe. I ordered the parts from Tool Parts Pro. After more than two weeks of not hearing anything from the vendor I sent them an email and learned that they did not stock the parts and ordered them from Delta. I went to the Delta site and the parts are listed as "out of stock."

Any experience regarding how long this might take or if they have quit making parts for this lathe?
Any idea of a vendor who might stock parts?

Doug Hepler
08-23-2016, 6:57 PM
Paul,

Have you tried ereplacementparts.com, specifically this url:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-46460-type-variable-speed-midi-lathe-parts-c-3275_9659_157556.html

I checked a few minutes ago and they have both of these parts in stock according to the website part #52 and 58 on the diagram

Doug

Paul Williams
08-23-2016, 9:56 PM
Thanks Doug. I had looked at their site but ordered from another without checking to see if they had it in stock. I have the idea that the other company doesn't stock any parts but orders from the manufacturer as they receive orders.

Paul Williams
08-27-2016, 9:56 PM
Update for anyone looking for parts. I cancelled my original order and ordered from eReplacementParts.com. The price was 13% higher, but the parts were in stock, which was stated on their web site prior to ordering. They shipped the same day and I received them in 5 days. Toolpartspro.com cancelled my original order with no hassle and provided a refund the same day. I believe both firms acted professionally the only difference being the one firm stocks parts and therefore demands a higher price. The other firm orders parts as they receive requests.