PDA

View Full Version : Prep for Coring rig test drive and Tony's Wood

Roger Chandler
08-23-2016, 9:59 AM
I am scheduled to visit with fellow creeker, Tony DeMasi tomorrow and take him up on his offer to test drive 2 coring rigs.......a Oneway Easy Core and a Woodcut Bowl saver. Tony has a Robust American Beauty, so I am a little stoked to be able to visit with him!

Tony and I corresponded by email, and he told me I needed to get a green[think wet] piece of wood and then rough it out with a tenon on it. Well, just so happened that a guy in our church cut a box elder from his property line this past Saturday, and he invited me up to get a few pieces of it yesterday. So this really was wet, slung water all over my shop, and I have a mess to clean up! :eek:

At any rate, as appreciation for Tony's hospitality tomorrow, I am taking him a piece or two of this box elder.

342827 342828 I had these pieces on my trailer, so I needed to put some Anchorseal on them, so they will go in the bed of my pickup tomorrow, and I will gather my chuck, a few tools, and it is off to Tony's for a few hours of "creeker' fellowship and fun.

I did get a bit of good news from the guy who gave me the wood. His first cousin is a professional logger which logs many areas of Virginia and West Virginia, and sells to the lumbermills....mostly hardwoods. He is going to begin saving me some crotch pieces and burl pieces as he comes into them. I am most appreciative! ;)

David Delo
08-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a great day Roger. Looking forward to your report.

Tony De Masi
08-23-2016, 5:51 PM
Thanks for getting that done Roger. It will allow us to concentrate on coring. Also, don't think you are leaving empty handed either. Mike Cruz and I split some Box Elder last fall. It sells as fast as I can turn it. Looking forward to tomorrow.