PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Disposable Paint Brushes?

Carroll Courtney
08-21-2016, 1:32 PM
Guys who do ya'll purchase your disposable paint brushes from on the net or auction site?I been picking up a box of 1" brushes from HF in the past but even their quality is going down.Just looking for a 1" brush that the bristles will not all come out while applying primer or what ever?Thanks guys for suggestion and links------------Carroll

Barry McFadden
08-21-2016, 2:38 PM
I use these... http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=20045&cat=1,190,43034&ap=1

Jim Becker
08-22-2016, 4:34 PM
I honestly can't think of the last time I bought a "disposable" brush...I generally relegate my more "elderly" brushes to utility service where application quality is less of a concern.

Brice Rogers
08-22-2016, 11:07 PM
This may seem a little weird, but I like using the Harbor Fright 2 inch "chip" brushes. They are cheap and I like it for applying thin finishes like lacquer, poly or shellac. The thinness of the brush helps to minimize brush strokes. If I was painting a wall with latex, I wouldn't like it because it doesn't hold as much paint as a brush 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick. I clean them and re-use them dozens and dozens of times.

It might be good to exercise the brush before using in case any of the bristles come loose. After I've used them a few times I don't recall ever having a bristle come out.

I think that they cost around a quarter apiece.

Prashun Patel
08-23-2016, 2:22 AM
I cant stand chip brushes for anything besides painting wax onto green wood.

I use Jem foam brushes for several things and like them.

Andy Giddings
08-23-2016, 9:21 AM
I'll second the foam brushes from Jem that Prashun likes. Use them for paints and waterborne finishes when I don't want to spray